Chapter 86: Growing a Human

"Maybe just some toast for me I have a bit of a headache".

"Aww love i'm sorry, want me to make our breakfast?" Doug offers.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course, you don't feel good, go lay down and I'll be right there okay?"

"Okay thank you baby."

●★Doug POV★●
"Of course my love" I smile and start making eggs, as Kamala goes to our room to lay down. I finish the eggs, put some bread in the toaster and cut up an avocado. I spread the avocado on
the toast, season it and then put the eggs on top, I make some ice water for her and walk into the room.

She sits up slowly "Thank you baby."

"Of course my love, feeling any better or has it gotten worse?".

"It's gotten worse."

"Is it just your head? has it gotten to other places?"

"No just my head."

"are you gonna make it to work or do you wanna call in sick?"

"Im already ready so I should just go."

"I know, but baby I don't want it to get worse while you're at work" I admit, with worry.

"Okay, I will call in sick."

"okay" I walk out to make myself something to eat.

I hear Kamala call in sick.

I come back on the phone and Kamala looks up at me.

"alright thank you" I say before hanging up and continue eating "what?"

"Did you call in sick?"

"Yeah I did."

●☆Kamala POV☆●
"Okay" I say, standing up so I can get changed. I start to feel dizzy, I stop for a second then start walking toward the closet, then everything gets blurry, then I feel like im falling as everything goes black.

●★Doug POV★●
I catch her before she hits the floor, dropping everything in the process, "BABY!"
I lay her down concerned.
"Okay Okay, c'mon baby what's wrong? what happened?" I cup her face, then I let go of her to check if she is breathing. I run to the bathroom, grab a cloth and run it under cold water. I come back out and start to dab her forehead with it and the sides of her face.

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I start to come to and open my eyes, my hand going straight to my head gripping it.

"hey hey hey what happened, are you okay?" Doug asks.

"I got dizzy, why is this happening?"

"Baby I don't know, do you want to go to the hospital?" he asks.

I nod "Yeah maybe we should go see my Doctor."

"Okay, drink some water first. I'll clean up everything and then we'll go okay? but just take a second okay?".

I nod and slowly sit up as Doug cleans up what he dropped, then he gets changes and grabs my plate and puts it on the counter "ready?" he asks, and I nod.

He helps me up "Thanks baby".

"Of course my love" He puts my arm around his shoulder and walks slowly out the room.

He gets me in the car as I start to feel dizzy again as he starts driving.

●★Doug POV★●
I see her, she looks delirious "hold my hand baby". She reaches out searching for
my hand and I grip it concerned "just stay awake for me a little longer love please" I say and she gives my hand a tight squeeze. I rub her hand as we pull up to the hospital.

Kamala takes off her seatbelt and opens the door fast to vomit on the ground.

"Oh damn yep okay" I get out and help her out when she's done.

"Sorry" she mumbles.
"it's okay love" i say leading her inside.

Kamala's Doctor, Dr. Stevens sees us "Doug whats going on?"

"Trash can please now, i'll explain in a second".

She hands me a trashcan and sit Kamala down and put the trash can in front of her
"okay so, we woke up and she was fine, had a little head ache, she ate, I gave her some water, she stood up and then passed out. I brought her here and she threw up".

"Okay , lets get her to my office okay?" Dr Stevens says.

"Okay" I put her arm around my shoulder again and and take the trash can as we walk to her office.

●●Normal●●
Dr Stevens starts by feeling Kamala's stomach, "Has she changed anything in her routine lately?" she asks Doug.

"Not that I know of, I mean she washed her hair even though she didn't need too. Is that considered change?" He answers.

"No no of course not. Well I can feel your baby moving, the weather has been hot lately, has she been drinking plenty of fluids everyday?"

"Yeah from what i know".

"Has she been exercising?"

"As much as she can".

"Okay has she been eating everyday and how much does she eat a day?"

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I hear that question and look down avoiding Doug's and Dr Stevens' eyes.

●●Normal●●
"From what i know, three meals a day as normal and maybe some snacks in between meals".
Dr Stevens looks at Kamala who seems to be avoiding eye contact.

Dr Stevens looks at Doug and asks, "Do you think she may be skipping meals?"

●★Doug POV★●
"No" I look at Kamala, "I hope not".
Kamala looks up at me and mumbles "I'm sorry."
"baby why?" I ask.
"I've been skipping lunch" Kamala admits.

"Why?" I ask holding her hands. She goes quiet and looks at our hands, then says quietly "So you don't have to search elsewhere."

"baby, you think I would leave you just because you're bigger? You're pregnant that's what's gonna happen. Is this about Maya?"

She keeps looking at our hands as a tear slips down her cheek.

"I'll give you two a moment" Dr Stevens says. "Thank you" I say as she walks out.

"Listen just because Maya is smaller than you even though she's further along doesn't mean anything. You're taller than she is, so you being slightly taller is going to affect your weight and that's okay. I would never leave you just because of the size of your stomach or the way it looks, but you can't starve yourself it's not healthy or safe for you and it's not healthy or safe
for Kali either, think about that".

Her eyes widen in realization, "I'm sorry" she cries.

I hug her quickly "it's okay love, but you can't do that okay?"

She nod's "Okay."

I pull away, kneel in front of her and hold her hands "i love you so much and that will never change. I love you always and forever".

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I look into his eyes and theres something in his eyes that makes me
believe him. "I love you too always and forever."

"Okay, so i'm gonna get Dr.Stevens and you're gonna tell her the truth okay?"

"Yes." I nod.
"Thank you" he kisses my head gently and gets up to get the doctor.

●●Normal●●
Dr Stevens is coming back with a glass of cold water for Kamala, when she sees Doug come out. "She's ready to talk".
"Alright."

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I look up and see them walk back in. Doug sits down and takes a deep breath and holds it.
"Yes I have been skipping lunch" I tell Dr Stevens. I look at Doug who releases a quiet breath, then look back at Dr Stevens.

"Okay, can you tell me why?" she asks.

I look at Doug. "Go ahead" He reassures me. I look at Dr stevens. "Because I didn't want Doug to become unhappy and unattracted to me. My sister is currently pregnant also but she is a week further than i am but her bump is smaller than mine."

●★Doug POV★●
I bite my tongue.

"Okay Kamala, you need to stop these negative thoughts because women who have negative thoughts or depression during pregnancy may be more at risk of postpartum depression."

I look at Kamala.

"I know. I'm going to try and stop them." Kamala says as I smile slightly.

"Okay so there are some things i'd like you to do, eat small regular meals to avoid hunger and low blood sugar and carry some sweets with you at all times, drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration, exercise to promote heart health, avoid sitting or standing for too long and take
walking or stretching breaks, and avoid extreme heat. Most importantly remember that you're growing a tiny human that is depending on you."

Kamala nods. "Okay, yes of course."

I look down at my hands taking another silent deep breath.

"And I can tell Doug loves you very much, and that he is worried. I'm sure he will be glad to help you with these things I have asked you to do."

I nod "Yeah of course".

"See? Alright Doug you did the right thing bringing her in."

I smile "thank you, just want to make sure everything was okay".

"Well everything is going to be alright." Dr Stevens says, writing everything down that she has
asked Kamala to do and hands it to me. I take it from her and go over it.

Dr Stevens helps Kamala off the examination table, then Kamala looks at me and I hold my hand out and smile. She puts her hand in mine then we head to the car.

I help her over the vomit and into the car "Thanks" she says quietly, the whole car
ride home is quiet.

When we get home, I get out and open her door. We go inside, still in silence. "Do you think that i'm mad at you?" i ask as i get her some water.

"A little, I mean why wouldn't you be? I put our baby's life in danger."

I hand her the glass "on accident, yes Kali might have been in danger because of that but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be mad about it. You felt a certain way about your body, forgetting you're growing a tiny human, and got insecure which people are bound to do but again i'm not mad at you for it okay? you shouldn't feel that way point black ,period but you did
and i will do everything in my power to make sure you never do again".

She looks at me "Okay, and I thank you for that."

"Of course my love. Now go change into some comfy clothes because we're gonna lay down on the couch and watch some movies okay?".

Kamala smiles wide and nods "Okay", then walks to our room.

I grab some blankets, some snacks and drinks and sit down on the couch waiting for her. She comes out in some shorts and one of my t-shirts, and sits next to me.

"So my love, what movie do you wanna watch?"

"A murder mystery."

"Okay" I put on a murder mystery as she snuggles into me. I smile and place my hand on her bump and she places her hand on mine. I turn my hand over and slip my fingers in between hers. Kamala giggles when Kali kicks our hands and the sound of her laughter makes my smile grow wider as I squeeze her gently.
Kamala whispers "I cant wait to hold her."

"I know, I'm so excited" I say, then we spend the rest of the day in each others arms watching movies and eating snacks and just enjoying each others company, sharing kisses every now and then.