Chapter 49: Secrets with Ella

"I have something for you and your brother" Kamala says to Ella.

"really?" Ella asks.

"Yes, come on" she takes her by the hand to hers and Dougs room and grabs two cups.

"awww those are so cute"Ella says.

"This one is for you." Kamala says handing her the cup.

"awww" Ella smiles

Kamala takes her hand again and goes back to the kitchen.

Ella smiles and rests her head on Kamala's shoulder.

Kamala smiles as she hands Cole the cup. "that's for you bud."

He stares at his lap for a second then looks up and takes the cup but looks down instantly "thank you it's really cute".

"You're welcome bud" Kamala says then frowns at doug.

Doug mouths to her "he knows".

"Ohh" she mouths back.
"Ella do you need help packing for the weekend?" She asks.

"Sure" Ella says.

Kamala kisses Doug. "I'll be back. I love you".

"I love you too" he says smiling.

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I follow Ella to her room and watch her take out her suitcase and start laying out clothes.
I sit on the chair at her desk and rub my bump gently.
She looks up at me while putting clothes in her suitcase and smiles. I smile back and begin to wonder if she really will be okay.

She finishes and zips it up.

"Can i play with your hair? braid it or something."

"yeah sure" she says getting up and sitting in between my legs. I smile as I brush her hair and start braiding it "So since it's almost your birthday what would you like?" I ask her.

"I'm not too sure" she says in response.

"Okay thats fine baby girl. I will find you something special."

"okay" she says, though i can't see her face right now I know she is smiling.

When I finish the two braids I kiss the top of her head. I notice she is wearing rings. " Do you like collecting rings?" I ask.

"yeah you could say that".

"Okay." I take a mental note, "Would you like to start having mother/daughter dates?" I ask, suggestively.

"We can have those?"

"Yes of course, its a way for us to bond and since i'm now your mother, it'd be good for us."

●◆Ella POV◆●
"okay" I smile.

"What sort of things would you like to do?" Mom asks.

I shrug, "go shopping, just hang out".

"Okay, we can do that, just tell me when you want to okay?"

"okay".

She kisses my head again making me smile.

"What would you like to do now?" She asks.

I shrug not really knowing what to do, because I'm not used to this "i
don't know".

"Okay well we can hang out if you want." she says with a big smile.

"yeah that's cool, i kinda wanna draw though" I say not wanting to make her mad.

"Okay that's fine, you can do that" she says as her smile fades a bit.

I smile and get up to grab a my sketchbook and pencil, I sit back down between her legs and start drawing "do you want to draw too?" I ask. "Sure, I just don't know if it will be any good though."

"just try it out" i get up and grab another sketchbook and another pencil, i hand them to her, then sit on my bed.

She sits there and holds them trying to think of what to draw.

I smile, and continue drawing as mom starts to draw. I grab some colored pencils and markers.

Mom looks up and watches me with a smile, then continues drawing.

I get up and look at hers,"woah that's cool".