𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

♡♦♡YOU NEVER FAIL TO IMPRESS ME, HARLEENNO MATTER HOW DUMB, WEAK AND STUPID YOU LOOK RIGHT NOWIT'S THE UNWILLINGNESS TO GIVE UP THAT REALLY PULLS ON THE STRINGS OF MY HEART♡♦♡

♡♦♡
YOU NEVER FAIL TO IMPRESS ME, HARLEEN
NO MATTER HOW DUMB, WEAK AND STUPID YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW
IT'S THE UNWILLINGNESS TO GIVE UP THAT REALLY PULLS ON THE STRINGS OF MY HEART
♡♦♡

Harley feels disoriented the moment she regains consciousness. All that she can remember is being taken to the rooftop of the hotel with her hands and feet tied with rope, and her mouth silenced by a shiny, red ball gag, as well as the painful ringing noise of the giant explosion which killed possibly the kindest man on Earth and his wife for something she did. After that, everything went black.

She is laid out flat on the floor and is no longer wearing the ball gag or tied to rope, or tape, but to plastic zip cuffs. She attempts to free herself from them, but unfortunately they are too strong for her. Then, she remembers a video she saw on the internet when she was just fourteen years old. It was a YouTube tutorial on how to remove them. She tries to bring her hands underneath her legs, so she can at least have her hands in front of her to see what she is doing, but doesn't have the strength to do so. And the fact that she just woke up from being unconscious for several hours doesn't help her either.

Suddenly, the sound of faint footsteps are heard, and this catches her attention. They are getting closer and closer, and Harley shuts her eyes closed, as if though she is still unconscious. She waits patiently as they approach her, controlling her breathing and wild heartbeat. Then, several voices flood into the room as the front door flies open.

"Tell me, Sam, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about," a familiar silky voice speaks behind her.

Dr. Quinzel slowly opens her eyes back up and quickly glances over her shoulder to find Sam and Victoria speaking to each other. Their voices are almost too low for her to hear — just almost. She focuses her attention back on the task at hand, attempting to liberate herself from the restraints once again.

"It's Laurent," Sam announces in a strange tone. He feels ashamed that he ever let something like this happen. He'll be lucky enough to survive the night with his head still on his shoulders. "I'm afraid he's gone missing. We were supposed to meet him at our hideout spot, the one near Hoh Rain Forest, but he never returned. The last time we heard from him was when he told us he was heading South."

Laurent was in Forks, Quinn quietly asks herself. That can only mean one thing. He was searching for Bella...

"Oh, Christ," the fiery woman breathes out, cupping her forehead in distress. Two men down, four to go... If she ever wishes to kill a coven as massive and powerful as the Cullens, she will need to expand her team.

"And that's not all," Sam continues, his words low and slow as he observes the look of worry on his leader's beautiful porcelain face. "On our second day there, we encountered a pack of wolves. Shapeshifters. I'm afraid they've gotten to him."