𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧

♡♦♡I PROMISE YOU THAT IF WE MAKE IT OUT OF THIS ALIVE, AN' EDWARD DOESN'T DIE; I'M GONNA KILL 'IM MYSELF♡♦♡

♡♦♡
I PROMISE YOU THAT IF WE MAKE IT OUT OF THIS ALIVE, AN' EDWARD DOESN'T DIE; I'M GONNA KILL 'IM MYSELF
♡♦♡

They make their flight with minutes to spare, Alice breaking more than a few traffic laws on her way to the airport, but Harley is in too much discomfort to care. The true torture begins when they are sitting idle on the tarmac, waiting to depart. Quinn is starting to feel strangely ill, and doesn't know if it's from the stress of it all or the small gun which she has half-way stuffed of her privates in order to sneak it past security.

Alice is completely unaware of this. They had passed through two airport security machines, and out of those two times, Harleen had beeped once because of the object. Things like this aren't always guaranteed to work, so she quickly covered it up by explaining to the guards that it was a tiny, metal part they had screwed to her hip when she fell out of a building once — which isn't a lie. They didn't bother her anymore after that.

"This is still faster than running," Alice murmurs towards her as Harleen tosses and turns in her seat, unable to get comfortable. She doesn't know what she was doing to herself in the bathroom just minutes ago. Quinzel realizes that she thinks her fidgeting is from impatience.

"Yeah," she mutters simply, her discomfort and anxiousness not abating even when they are climbing into the air.

Alice lifts the phone on the back of the seat in front of her before they are finished climbing, and the stewardess frowns at her in disapproval, but something in Harley's face keeps her from coming over to scold them.

She tries to tune out what Alice is whispering to Jasper, but she is so close to her she can still hear every word.

"I can't be sure, I keep seeing him do different things. He's changing his mind a lot. Sometimes he's on a killing spree through the city, attacking a guard, lifting a car over his head in the main square, mostly things that would expose him and force the fastest reaction."

Quinzel's heart twists in her chest. What utter insanity is driving Edward? In what world is this a reasonable reaction to the thought that she may have had an accident, a human accident and died? Surely somewhere it is said you shouldn't kill yourself just because your ex-girlfriend died, regardless if you're a supernatural being or not.

"No, you can't. Tell Emmett no, too. Well go after them and bring them back. Think about it, Jasper, if he sees them what do you think he's going to do?" Alice nods her head, then continues. "Exactly. That's why I think Harley is our only chance. If she can show him she's alive... I'll do everything in my power, but prepare Carlisle. The odds aren't good."

She pauses then, her face becoming stricken.

"No, Jasper. Please don't come after me. I'll get out one way or another, I promise. I love you." She hangs up then, leaning against the back of her seat and closing her eyes. "I hate lying to him."