𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐈

♡♦♡EVERY DAY WITH HER IS LIKE RUNNING THROUGH A SHIFTING MINE FIELD♡♦♡

♡♦♡
EVERY DAY WITH HER IS LIKE RUNNING THROUGH A SHIFTING MINE FIELD
♡♦♡

Edward Cullen isn't sure of what is currently happening to him. His whole world feels like he has been submerged underwater and he can't see anything around him because everything is cloaked in darkness. Pain — something he hasn't felt since he was human — shoots through his head as he tries to get his bearings, his head thumping along to the classical music he can hear close by. This isn't my house, he thinks to himself, where in Hades am I?

He grasps the unfamiliar bed sheets and his hand brushes against skin that doesn't belong to him. He then realizes that he is not alone. They move beside him, shifting the cheap mattress so that he is unexpectedly jostled toward them. He braces himself against strong biceps, his nose buried in feathery hair. It smells like strawberries.

He finally opens his eyes, being met with the frightening sight of a psychotic clown staring back at him. Only he isn't frightened, instead he is awed by her appearance. She grins widely at him and cheerfully waves her hands around.

"Hi'ya," she laughs maniacally.

Her wild, hyena-like laughter scares him for just a moment, but that emotion quickly diminishes. "Harleen," he whispers softy. His voice is silky and deep, like he has just woken up. But that is impossible, as vampires do not sleep... They cannot be unconscious, unless somebody has ripped their head from their body, in which they fall into a deep sleep for several hours until their head reattaches to their body.

And Harley is not capable of that, is she?

"Don't bother yelling for help. This dump is condemned. Nobody in the whole floor but us, bat-brains." She flicks on the lamp beside the bed, and he can tell from her comfort level that this is either her room or someone else's — someone she knows quite well. She takes him in with light eyes that sparkle with intelligence and wittiness. She doesn't look upset with him anymore, instead she seems to be... curious about his sudden appearance.

"What happened," he calmly asks the petite girl, examining his surroundings. The entire room is painted in a shiny coat of hot pink paint and several different band posters are plastered over her walls. All is quiet, her room having changed since her last sleepover with Jane and Ivy.

There are more pictures of Edward on the wall, to the point of plastering the entire wall. This time there's more writing on the cut outs and photos. Little hearts and smiley faces scattered on various pictures. Her room is more messy than ever before and there are torn and cut-up periodicals all over the floor and on her bed.

Edward looks back at her. He is shocked. "What's all of this? And was I... asleep?"

Harley shrugs her shoulders, sitting up on her bed. "My home," she chirps happily. "And, eh, sort-a. You were unconscious for about seven minutes, just enough for me to haul you inside. Jokey venom does that!"