𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫

♡♦♡YOU CAN JUST CALL THIS THE DEATH CHAMBER♡♦♡

♡♦♡
YOU CAN JUST CALL THIS THE DEATH CHAMBER
♡♦♡

Alice Cullen stares at Edward sideways. You have to forgive me; it would have killed Harley if you didn't survive. It was my mistake in the first place. You had to know she was alive, and she wanted to come here... She still loves you.

Though many voices echo in Edward's head, Alice's is the most frantic, possibly desperate. She feels guilty, and though she is trying to explain away her guilt, it is still there.

The alley grows narrower as they continue down the lane. Harleen casually observes her surroundings, smiling as if she were a tourist touring around the city. She is holding his hand in hers, as calm as a bat.

Alice prattles on, but Edward's eyes doesn't see anything, and his mind doesn't listen to anything except for the calm heartbeat of the strong-minded girl beside him. The same, beautiful girl he once thought was dead. But she isn't. It can't be a dream because he doesn't sleep, though the possibility of hell is still not out of the question. He doesn't care, because she is here, with him. Sweet torture.

Harleen's blue orbs dart towards his face, the worry obvious in the lines of Edward's porcelain face. Again, she notices the deep bags underneath his eyes. They stand out more than they should. She frowns, making a mental note to make sure that he hunts as soon as possible, if he will allow her presence in his life at all.

It doesn't matter if he does or not; she isn't going anywhere. It is obvious that he is her life now; she needs him in order to keep in that small bit of sanity she has left. But she will always carry Dr. Leland's words with her — she cannot be dependent on a man. And although she will love him forever and stand by his side like his loyal servant, she will never let herself be guided by another man again. She looks ahead, her eyes piercing the back of evil Jane's head.

Her lips part like she is going to say something, but Edward shakes his head in hopes that she will stay quiet, at least for the time being. Boy, does he miss those soft, cunning, humorous words though, and her shrilling laughter. Imagining his life without that... He knows now isn't the most appropriate time to think these thoughts, but he just can't stop.

It is best if they keep everything they can from the Volturi. He wonders if Jasper knows that Harleen is here with Alice. He is probably freaking out about the repercussions of Harley's knowledge, and her fate, and their fate, being in the hands of the Volturi. Edward will make sure that the Volturi knows that his family has nothing to do with Harleen, even though Aro has already read his thoughts. He'll make them believe... somehow.

"Well, Alice," he says, interrupting her flow of thoughts that he hasn't been paying any attention to. He has too many thoughts himself. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see you here." That is an understatement. He knew she would see his plan; that is why he had tried to hurry the process along.