𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢

♡♦♡WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED TA WASH A POLICE CARWHAT ARE YOU, TRYNA SHOW UP SEXY TO A CRIME SCENE♡♦♡

♡♦♡
WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED TA WASH A POLICE CAR
WHAT ARE YOU, TRYNA SHOW UP SEXY TO A CRIME SCENE
♡♦♡

Charlie had meant it when he said Edward was banned from ever stepping foot in the door ever again, but he never said he can't use the window...

Harley had honestly expected the ban to only last a day or two, maybe three, but she was gravely mistaken. Charlie was adamant she had no further communication with anyone associated with Edward Cullen, and he showed no sign of relenting. After he learned that Alice, Edward and Harley fled to Italy for nearly two days after she was released from Arkham for a "mini vacay" — as he called it — he had prohibited her from ever speaking to the Cullen family.

Her uncle is turning overprotectiveness into an art form. When he is at work, he calls the house line once an hour "just to check in" — in other words, to make sure no one from the Cullen residence has come to take her away. He even got new locks for the doors. If he so much as hears Edward's name in passing, a vein bulges in his forehead. None of this is openly discussed; neither of them want to argue, so Harley pretends like she isn't thinking about Edward, and Charlie pretends like he doesn't know that she is.

It is a very quiet standoff, all things considered, but it is a standoff nonetheless. And although it was Harley's complete decision to run away from home, he still blames Edward for her actions, and their trip to Italy just worsened his case.

Of course, Edward comes to see her anyway — usually at night. The length varies. Sometimes he doesn't turn up until three in the morning and stays until they hear Charlie's alarm clock go off; sometimes he arrives at ten-thirty but then has to leave again to join his family for hunting.

The iciness in her heart she once felt during her time in Gotham doesn't come back, though, even when he isn't there. Her body knows, somehow, that Edward will be returning. After all, he has an open invitation.

As for her legal case, Amanda Waller has kept up with her promise thus far and has left Harleen alone, although she has to complete one hundred hours of community service as some sort of punishment. Quinzel did a lot of things to make her and the firm look bad by the eyes of the people — from successfully escaping the state, removing the bomb in her neck all on her own, to staying hidden from her and her minions for a whole year... Not to mention that she was under their noses all along.

Her apartment — which she's recently learned that has caught in a mysterious fire — was just ten minutes away from the police station, and nobody found her.

The same rules apply, though. Similar to Edward, she is banned, too — but from ever returning to Gotham. She is to never be in contact with Jack Nieper, or his men, and cannot afford to be arrested ever again — not even for stealing a chocolate bar. One simple mistake and she is in it for life, or worse, death row. But most importantly, she cannot tell anybody that the Joker is, in fact, alive. Absolutely nobody. Intelligence can't risk having the public know that he is well and alive, and much less that they had lied to them all about his death.