𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞

♢♦♢YOU ARE THE WALKING DEFINITION OF 'LOOSE CANNON,' HARLEY FOR ALL I KNOW, YOU MIGHT DECIDE AT THE LAST MINUTE THAT JAMES' PLAN DOESN'T SOUND SO COCKEYED AFTER ALL, BECAUSE THE WIND CHANGED DIRECTION OR BECAUSE IT'S THURSDAY♢♦♢

♢♦♢
YOU ARE THE WALKING DEFINITION OF 'LOOSE CANNON,' HARLEY FOR ALL I KNOW, YOU MIGHT DECIDE AT THE LAST MINUTE THAT JAMES' PLAN DOESN'T SOUND SO COCKEYED AFTER ALL, BECAUSE THE WIND CHANGED DIRECTION OR BECAUSE IT'S THURSDAY
♢♦♢

The ride to the Cullen mansion is quiet.. and awkward. After Harleen pulled her little stunt back there, she hasn't heard the last of it. Her cousin scolded her till her ears bled. Literally. She could've sworn she felt something trickle down her ear. And, I mean, understandably so. She could've gotten killed. Who knows what could've happened?

Harleen sits in the backseat of the truck with her arms folded over her chest and her face turned to the window. Bella is in the passenger seat, her face red with anger. Meanwhile, Edward hasn't moved from his spot in the driver seat. During Bella's rant, he was quiet, at least for the most part. He occasionally glances at Harley through the rear-view mirror, expecting her to jump out the window at any second.

No one has said a word since the cousins' explosive argument.

In Harley's defense, it was just her having 'some fun', also describing it as being 'perfectly harmless.' And, of course, Bella taking after her mother's constant worry for others, she replied to her with things like, "It wouldn't have been 'fun' when Charlie and I have to scrape you off the cement, Harley. You can't do things like that."

And Harley understands this. She was just worried, she understands worry. This was a feeling she felt every minute she spent inside Belle Reve's four walls. She was worried for her Buttercup, and what they were going to do with his body. She was worried she was never going to get out. She was worried about her family, and how her actions could've prevented her from ever seeing them again. She was worried.

Harleen directs her gaze away from the window and looks up to find a pair of golden orbs glued to her. Stupid bat. She rolls her eyes and continues to look at the fancy shops outside her window.

He looks away.

Bella is doing the same as her, purely transfixed in the small insulated town as it passes by. Outside of a boutique for prom dresses, she sees her high school friends, Mike, Jessica, Eric and Angela walking by. They laugh, flirt, hope.. It's a painful sight. Her life would've been so different if she hadn't met -

A sudden, ear-piercing scream snaps her out of her thoughts and pulls her soul out of her body. It looks as though even Edward wasn't expecting it either, because he seems just as shocked and worried as her. With her heart banging against her ribcage, she turns her head to find the source of the scream - a cackling harlequin.

She is playing games with her! Even while being chased by a group of man-eating vampires, being so close to dying and experiencing the wrath of Bella Swan - someone who loves and cares for her, she is laughing and playing games!