𝐈𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬

♡♦♡TO THINK YOU WERE ONCE SO STRONG, SO SURE OF YOURSELF♡♦♡

♡♦♡
TO THINK YOU WERE ONCE SO STRONG, SO SURE OF YOURSELF
♡♦♡

Delicately holding the shivering harlequin in his big, burly arms, the caped crusader carefully passes her to one of the policemen standing by the chilling river. "Get her to Arkham," he instructs, his voice deep and firm.

The policeman on duty looks down at the alabaster-skinned girl with such disgust, as if she were to burn through his police uniform and into his skin, melting all of his bones in the process like toxic acid. Quinn, trembling in his arms, fights through the cold, opening her eyes just a bit so that she can see him.

"Will do, Batman," he mutters sourly, turning around and walking towards his car, meanwhile Harls glares up at him. He not-so-carefully places her into the back seat — well, more like tosses her. "Get in there, you nutty broad."

The nameless cop is about to shut the car door closed, when she suddenly kicks it back and causes it to hit him in the groin. She is feeling a whole of a lot better now, that is apparent. Wild with rage and mania, she starts to violently kick the policeman, screaming and crying out in emotional pain and trauma, and only stopping when another cop — this time a woman — comes up behind the beaten policeman with her taser and shocks her with it.

"Agh," Harley Quinn groans out loud, clutching her chest where the cop has shot her with the device before finally relaxing into the leather seats. Then, her eyes shut closed, as if they are on autopilot. The last thing she hears is the soft mumbling of voices and the sound of the car door shutting closed before she falls into a dreamless sleep.

By the time her and the male policeman from earlier arrive to Arkham Asylum, she is already up and awake, chewing his ear off as she goes on and goes about how she has already accepted her fate and how she is already prepared to spend the rest of her life living inside of a cell. She seems... almost excited, like she is about to meet up with an old friend of hers. And in a way, she is.

Arkham being that old friend. That was where she started her life and ultimately ended it. This was her first ever workplace as a professional psychiatrist and also the place where she met the man that ultimately drove her to her grave.

The iron gates to the mental institution are tall and eerie, with the name of the asylum in skinny letters over the top. As the policeman drives in, there are numerous police cars at the asylum entrance. He parks next to another cop car and exits the vehicle as Harley surveys the commotion of cops interviewing doctors through her window.

Cash, a medical doctor Harleen was once very close to when she used to work at the asylum, is giving a statement to a police officer as a bloated, scruffy detective in a tan overcoat and hat, Detective Bullock, enters the asylum.