𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

♡♦♡I'M SO OVER CLOWNS♡♦♡

♡♦♡
I'M SO OVER CLOWNS
♡♦♡

A shrill ringing interrupts what Charlie Swan is doing in the kitchen of his home. He has been making Bella and himself a small breakfast before he heads to work. It consists of well-seasoned eggs, crispy bacon and some cinnamon waffles. Although he cannot cook very well, this is the only thing he knows how to make. It is too early for this, he groans, thinking that his boss is calling him because he wants him for work an hour early. He staggers away from the popping bacon and towards the telephone, creating the offending noise.

His tired eyes stay level with the wall in front of him as he presses the telephone to his ear.

"Charlie here," Mr. Swan answers, his voice husky and not a little annoyed.

Whoever has answered on the other line changes his demeanor immediately. Charlie straightens up, his face going flat with distaste. "She's not here right now," he answers, his voice tight. Silence. "What I'm saying is that she's gone missing. Nobody has been able to find her for months now."

There is some short reply, a request for more information it seems. Charlie is beginning to grow angry.

"What does it matter to you?" He blinks, holding the phone abruptly from his face. "Asshole hung up on me."

"Who was it, dad," Bella Swan asks abruptly, appearing completely out of nowhere.

He turns around to look at her, seeing that she has finished her morning shower with a towel wrapped around her body. He looks at her cautiously, chewing on the inside of his lip for a second, then decides to tell her.

"It was Edward," he admits, disgust lacing his voice. Bella just nods her head, puzzled, but not asking anymore questions.

"What's for breakfast?"

Alice Cullen and Harley Quinn have stopped for snacks and gas at the nearest gas station. Meanwhile the petite vampire is inside of the stop, grabbing different drinks and snacks she is sure Harley will enjoy, Harley is sitting in the car, reaching into Carlisle's glove compartment in search for something she'd hidden there ever since James' attack on Bella.

When Alice flew to Gotham, Carlisle had shipped his car for her to get around through a transport company. Harley hopes that they hadn't found the item, or worse, confiscated it. She digs her hand all up in there in, finding it finally and pulling out her hand with the object — her precious Love + Hate gun.

Her blue eyes glance over to the shop, which Alice is still inside of, and then opens up the chamber of the tiny handgun. There are ten bullets inside, just as she left it. She is quick as she stuffs the dangerous weapon inside of her blue jeans. Her outfit consists of blue jeans, white converse and a basic blue top. It isn't what she would normally wear, but it's what Arkham left her with. It was either this or her beige patient uniform.