𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝

♡♦♡TAKE MY HAND, CHILD♡♦♡

♡♦♡
TAKE MY HAND, CHILD
♡♦♡

The two men Edward had spoken with earlier come into the room — gliding. Excitement gleams in Caius' mind and Marcus is mildly bored. He's had enough of the games and is deeply upset the rush to come to Aro will be foodless.

"Marcus, Caius, look," Aro exclaims. "Harleen is alive after all, and Alice is here with her! Isn't that wonderful?"

What game will it be today, Marcus drones in his mind.

Hmm. I can almost smell the power. Caius strides closer. I bet this is Alice — the tiny one that Aro spoke enthusiastically about... and a human? His face changes into a distortion between thirst and distaste.

"Let us have the story," Aro says, eager.

This should be... interesting, Caius thinks as he smoothly makes his way to the obvious thrones in the room.

Marcus follows behind, but stops to relay a message. His hand reaches out as their palms meet briefly, but long enough for Edward to understand. It is the intense relationship that not only does Edward and Harleen share, but with Alice, too.

It's rare, he thinks with a fleeting look their direction, then adds, and unnatural. The last is about the link between Harley and Edward.

Edward snorts and Alice glances at him quizzically.

What'd he see? Is it bad, Alice thinks.

He barely shakes his head — just Alice and him resorting to their usual non-verbal communication. He has a feeling it won't go unnoticed here.

"Thank you, Marcus," Aro says. "That's quite interesting."

Marcus gives a slight shrug and joins Caius on their thrones. Edward suppresses another snort, and Harley flashes him a look. Their superior attitude is disgusting, especially with the shadow of vampires that trail behind them like a sinuous cloud.

Aro blocks him out of his head as if he built a maximum security prison around his most precious thoughts. He only lets slip what he wants to... until he is unfocused — like now.

A deep connection... strong. If we take one, we'll need to take them all. His eyes flashes to Alice and he pulls memories from Edward's mind that he had taken earlier, as if he is grocery shopping for them. He is impressed — highly impressed — and it is with the Volturi you want to stay under the radar.

Now they are big blimps on their screen.

Aro shakes his head. "Amazing,"' he croons. "Absolutely amazing."