𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥

♡♦♡WOULD YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT IF I SAID I WAS ONLY HUMAN♡♦♡

♡♦♡
WOULD YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT IF I SAID I WAS ONLY HUMAN
♡♦♡

Edward's back is to the rest of his grand room in the Volterra castle. He is staring out of a large window, onto the city. To him, everything has become meaningless. Everything. He has nothing left. No one can possibly understand the resentment he feels against himself for letting Harley's life come to a brutal ending. Did she feel pain when she crashed? Did it burn her lungs when she choked to death on the water? God! I am such a horrible monster, he thinks. Why didn't I listen? Why did I have to be so stubborn?

Rosalie's words haunts him. "She loved you more than you realized. More than any of us understood."

How could I have been so stupid? Alice had showed him her pain through her visions when he first left Forks. He expected it, but he thought that after all those months she would be fine, coping, moving on. He was constantly telling himself that she couldn't afford for him to come back, when in all honesty, she would have lasted longer in his care. Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! He chants to himself.

It is time to meet my end, he thinks with determination.

If Aro thinks he will be against doing something against his family's beliefs, he doesn't know how badly he wishes for death. He watches from his room as a truck drives down a small alleyway to drop off supplies for the events of Saint Marcus day. He contemplates on going down there and throwing it over a building. That would get everyone's attention. Then, there is a sudden rush of thoughts. Racing through the crowds at vampire speed, punching his fist through the wall, bringing a lion to fight with in the square or bringing a deer to the square and ravaging it...

The possibilities are endless.

All of those things could have some strange explanation and he knows that Aro would do everything to keep him as his radio so he can tune into whichever mind he wishes from a distance. The last thing Edward wants to see is the rough stone passageway and those stupid flaming torches that leads to the Volturi.

He knows what he has to do. The Volturi are strictly against all hunting in their city and they don't give warnings for those who break that rule. They burn them. That's what he wants. He is going to hunt.

His mind jumps from thought to thought, watching silently from his window as he tries to find someone to kill. In those years that he was away from Carlisle, he hunted men who were evil. He'll do the same now. Each thought is utterly meaningless, though he continues to search for the one person who will meet their fate along with him.

His mind goes out toward the man standing in the alleyway, smoking a clove cigarette. He is staring out toward a woman who is tall and beautiful. She has been setting up her small market space for the tourists that are rapidly filling the city.