𝐀 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

♡♦♡NAUGHTERFUL ♡♦♡

♡♦♡
NAUGHTERFUL
♡♦♡

Edward cannot sleep. It's a commodity he wishes he has, a phenomenon that entraps him and his family. Dreams are a state that they can never accomplish, or that is what they thought until he met Harleen Quinzel; beautiful and smart to the extreme, unique and one-hundred percent his. His brain seems to find peace in her quiet but sometimes chaotic mind. This is exactly what dreams are made of. It's the two of both words. So what is it about sleep that makes Harley look like an angel from heaven?

It is just like on any other night. He is hugging her close to his body while she sleeps. The most intricate workings that makes up her every curve are lined with his. He is immersed in her warmth that is emitting from her body like the rays of the sun. Her head is lying on his cold chest; his nose in her hair. He draws her scent into his lungs, reveling in the most elaborate mix of roses, strawberries and the hot and seductive but highly toxic and throat numbing aroma of her blood. Her heart is beating at its regular pace, only speeding up as her breathing grows heavy whenever she murmurs his name. It's moments like this that he lives for. And longs for. But this is not just any other night, it's her birthday.

She sighs and grips him closer, her cousin, Bella, sleeping not too far from them. This is just another moment in time that Edward can capture in his memory. She is deeply embossed in his brain to the point that he can picture her perfectly when he closes his eyes. He does this often when he's away from her for any period of time.

Down the hall, he can hear Charlie stir in his room. Light is beginning to brighten the sky as the sun rises over the trees, casting shadows in her room. The sky is full of grey clouds. He looks at the alarm clock. In the corner the date stamp reads May twenty, the day Harley turns a year older than him.

He thinks about waking her early, but thinks better of it. She needs the sleep. Regardless, Alice will undoubtedly be awaiting her awakening downstairs soon enough. She is overly excited about today. She has spent every hour she could at stores around the greater Washington area.

In a quick fluid motion, he releases Harleen. He will return soon enough. Leaving her warmth behind always makes him feel cold inside, but he knows any moment Charlie will stick his head in to check on his niece. He kisses her forehead lightly and bounds out of her window.

In short moments, Edward, Alice and Harleen find themselves standing around in Charlie's kitchen. The two siblings watch as the birthday girl cooks up a stack of blueberry pancakes for herself, her family away for the day. Charlie is picking up some food from the local diner and Bella had gone off to the reservation, as always. She is wearing a short, black dress that stops at her thighs and her blonde hair is styled into beautiful, loose curls.

The immortal vampires had greeted her at the steps of her home shortly after she had woken up, a daily routine that the three have picked up. Alice was singing the birthday song whilst Edward smiled and shook his head at his sister's theatrics. It was a loving gesture, one which Harley greatly appreciates. She can only imagine what Alice has up her sleeve this morning.