𝐎𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞

♢♦♢HE'S GOT YOU BY THE BALLS, MONEYBAGS♢♦♢

♢♦♢
HE'S GOT YOU BY THE BALLS, MONEYBAGS
♢♦♢

Plink. Plink. Plink.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The many noises of the machines become louder as two siblings make their way down the hallway and towards room four-oh-eight. Emotions flood through Edward, his body not knowing which ones to recognize. He heads for Bella and Harley's medical room, having been stopped by Carlisle to inform him and his sister on the plan. Currently, the family doctor is working with the medical staff to insure no issues with Bella's "accident." To Edward's knowledge, she is still unconscious and sleeping peacefully. And well, he assumes Harley is awake and annoying the nurses and doctors to hell. She isn't harmed or anything, but was still advised to have a check up by him and Carlisle.

Alice is eyeing him with apprehension, the future obvious in her mind. You're not going to like this.

They finally arrive to the room, standing directly in front of the door. His hand rests resolutely on the doorknob, afraid to open it, afraid of what he'll see. He dives into her mind for only a fraction of a second to see that Bella is hooked up to so many machines it almost makes her look like she's some sort of mechanical apparatus or contrivance.

My many threads of thought become lost when he catches a scent that is unfamiliar to him, yet he knows it all the same. He finally yanks on the door, flinging it open to see Carlisle standing in front of a hospital bed of which is hidden by a sheer curtain. The siblings take another step inside to find the unforeseen. They catch Harley Quinn sitting by the edge of Bella's bed, almost butt naked. She wears only a thin hospital gown, her behind exposed for the world to see.

"So lay it on me, Doc," she says playfully, laughing. She innocently swings her legs over the bed, completely oblivious to the newcomers. "How long do I have?"

Dr. Cullen looks away from her and at his children, causing her to finally look at them. She smiles and waves her hand. He looks back at her and clears his throat. Thank God you're here, Edward. "The files gave me the lowdown on your previous injuries and the thing in your neck, but.."

The thing on her neck? This seems to ring a bell.. Edward remembers the day Bella, Charlie, and him picked her up from the prison. The director said something about how they inserted something into her neck, but he can't bring himself to remember what it was for. "What thing?"

She freezes in her spot and her eyes widen as she realizes she's been caught. Uh, oh. A nervous chuckle escapes her lips, followed by a wave of the hand. "Oh, nothing.."

He stares at her, not buying it. He'll have to ask Carlisle later.

Dr. Cullen looks at them both, then clears his throat and continues. "Well, from what I see, you look in good shape. Though, the bruising will eventually go down. Your blood pressure is a bit high.."