𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

♡♦♡IN THIS SECOND, HE FALLS IN LOVE WITH HER ALL OVER AGAIN, NOT THAT HE EVER STOPPED♡♦♡

♡♦♡
IN THIS SECOND, HE FALLS IN LOVE WITH HER ALL OVER AGAIN,
NOT THAT HE EVER STOPPED
♡♦♡

The reception area has high-arched windows, lighting the room in a way to make one feel comfortable and safe. The word safe doesn't even belong in this building, and Alice feels anything but. For Edward, the thoughts of hundreds of people in the streets drown out the music playing, but that doesn't mean he can't hear Demetri loud and clear in the bedlam.

"Do not leave until dark," he threatens. On the other hand, please do. I'd really love to taste your human. Mmmm. His hunger is clawing to the surface, and Edward nods to let him know he hears him loud and clear.

Demetri doesn't wait around to taunt him. He has a few humans of his own to slurp down this evening.

The receptionist, Gianna, has a calculating mind, which is probably why Aro has let her live with the knowledge of vampires. She inventories everything she comes in contact with, be it scent, sound, or visually. And she most especially is interested in them.

Harleen is as calm as a horse, of course. She is typing away on her new flip phone, messaging her friend Jane from Gotham. Edward quietly observes her as she flips the phone shut after a moment and stuffs it into her pockets before leaning her head on his shoulder. She shivers against him, the room chilly enough to gain a reaction from her. Each movement reminds him of how human she is, even though she took down all those vampires back there.

"Are you all right," he whispers, truly worried.

She has tons of scratches and bruises marking her body, as a result from the fight that took on earlier, and Alice repeats as much in her mind. Out loud, and mainly for Harley's benefit, she says, "You'd better make her sit before she falls. She's going to pieces."

Alice's words alone alarm Edward enough to let panic filter in. Mirthlessly, he thinks about what has just taken place in the Death Chamber. He thinks about how he expected her to be frightened to the bone, as any sane human would. Except she wasn't scared. She is this brave little human that just keeps pushing against any obstacles her way. He admires her, though sometimes he worries that she isn't like a normal human, aside from her severe mental illnesses. He worries about what this ultimate magnet for trouble will attract and its consequences. He is truly grateful, though, for her strength. She kept her head on her shoulders when his wasn't.

Harleen's small but incredibly powerful hand clings onto his cloak, bringing him closer to her, although the coldness of his skin just makes her feel worst. She looks up at him. "Puddin', you mind if we take a seat real quick? My feet are killin' me, an' I'm so, so, so cold."