𝐇𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞

♢♦♢AWE, GEE! I HOPE YOU DIDN'T GET RID OF NANA'S OLD COUCH

♢♦♢
AWE, GEE! I HOPE YOU DIDN'T GET RID OF NANA'S OLD COUCH. ... I REALLY LIKED THE SMELL OF THAT THING. PEE AND OLD FARTS.. IT REALLY COMFORTED ME..
♢♦♢

Now in a black SUV Belle Reve provided to them, the reunited family chatter away. And like the morbid girl Harley Quinn naturally is, she's taking the conversation down an interesting turn. In the passenger seat, her cousin turns her head, intensively listening to her with wide eyes. Harley chatters away, holding an extra large cup of Cola Cola with one hand and a burger with another. This is the most free she's felt in years. Honestly, she doesn't even remember the last time she talked this much. She laughs at Edward's reaction after explaining to him what 'bend, spread and cough' means.

His eyes are widened with shock. In his day, people wouldn't dare to speak of such things, especially not in public. He clears his throat and turns away from the morbid girl, looking out the window. Bella shoots him a smile and looks ahead, listening to Harley chatter on and on about random stuff.

Harley hums and sips on her empty cup of iced soda. "Oh, my God! Oh, yes! And then, there's the Croc! He's an actual alligator." She looks at Charlie, her eyes blue and wide.

"He's crazy. He eats people."

At this, Edward's eyebrows furrow with interest.

Harley looks down at her empty carton of chicken pieces and frowns. She leans in between the driver and passenger seat, and grins. "Ya' got anymore fries ova' there, Pretty Bellsies,'' casually she asks her cousin after talking about living in a prison with a cannibalistic alligator hybrid.

Charlie doesn't question her story. He just passes it as one of her wildly made-up stories. He simply smiles and drives the car back home where guests await for Harley's arrival. Unlike him, Bella and Edward think about it a second longer. You could say they know a thing or two about cannibalism. The brunette awkwardly lifts her empty carton and shakes her head. Frowning, Harley leans back in her seat and settles with her soggy fries.

Edward continues to stare at the blonde. "He.. eats people," he questions slowly.

Harley's eyes shift to his. "Mhm! Bones and everything. He's really weird, but Jane seems to like him. Ooh, nuggets!" Once again, her attention is shifted elsewhere, to the golden nuggets that rest on Bella's lap. She extends her hand and snatches them from her. "He he! Chicken nugget snatcher.'' She holds up a single chicken nugget like a prize.

"Who's Jane," Bella curiously asks, turning her head to face her cousin. She watches the former inmate stuff her face with a fistful of oven baked chicken pieces.

In the driver's seat, Charlie watches the teens interact through the rearview mirror.

"Mm! She's a two for one deal, but except.. two.. is, like, sixty-four - or sixty-five. You never really know with her. Really, not my story to tell, but she's pretty cool. One of her personalities, Mama Pentecost, has the meanest prison tacos." She sips on her empty straw, then glances at a noticeably worried Edward.