Bored Pacita 3

Mito chuckles.
"You think I will believe your sincerity?"

Pacita gasps.
"Do I have to die first for you to believe?"
Pacita asks that as a joke but the Duke's face darken already so she can't say.'It's a joke.'

"Are you saying you have a different motive from the Lawrence family?"

Pacita sighs.
"I do."

Mito sneers.
"What about that....that aphrodisiac at the first time?"

"Apro--" Pacita covers her mouth.
The foullest object for a harlot is aprodisiac.

As a harlot, a very enthusiastic bed partner is the worst customer. They will take all your strength and wont even pay you the amount you  deserve for extra kink they put you into.
For her, aphrodisiac is a nightmare.

'Wait...could this body owner died from too much s*x?or too much aphrodisiac? What a woman.'

"Magdaline, are you listening?"

Pacita looks up.
"Your Grace, I dont want anything to do with the Lawrence. Be it my loyalty, my life or my dancing, I will offer it to you. Just dont let me die again."
Pacita honestly said holding on to the chance that the Duke will pity a woman that has a family that wishes her death.

Amadeus looks at Pacita and clenched his fist.
"Why not give me the poison?"

Pacita is staring at Mito but looks at the quiet Amadeus.

"What?"

Amadeus looks at Pacita with indifference.
"Why dont you just give the poison to me?"

Pacita gasps inside.
'This kid is suicidal?'

"Why do you want it? You are too young to understand what poison means?"

Amadeus sneers.
"Why drink it? You think itll melt my heart or something? Hah. Do not be foolish to me you are..."

"Amadeus,"Pacita called.

Amadeus looks at Pacita as Pacita stares at him.

"I never wish your death."She softly said.

Amadeus looks away immediately.
He bites his lower lip trying to calm himself.

Mito looks at the confuse Pacita.

"Let's talk later when its just the three of us." He said and looks around. The butler nods and looks at the two maids serving them.
He will sure they wont talk or be permanently quiet.

Pacita happily nods.
This mean the Duke is considering helping her.
Good.
She will never let those heartless people hurt her.

****

Mito didnt call Pacita immediately after dinner. He called his son first.

"She could be faking this..everything." Mito said looking at his son being emotional with a woman they barely know.

He knows his son is not the emotional type. Even when his own mother died, he barely made a fuss because of it.

But those two weeks the woman is unconscious, Amadeus stay with her. Waiting for her small moans and counting her breathing.

"I know." Amadeus is aware. That Pacita, whatever she does, there will always have fear that she will turn away and leave. And it will hurt him.

"Amadeus,"

"Im giving her much of my trust. It is not good but this is what I want. I will take all responsibility if she turns into a spy..And I will take her life if she is an enemy."

Mito sighs.
"If you say that much then I have nothing else to say."

Amadeus vows, if she stays as his mother, she will have everything.
If she turns into an enemy, then he will serve her head in a platter.

Pacita keeps drinking wine waiting for the Duke to call for her.