Pacita's Grave

After returning to the manor, Pacita is no longer as scared to go out her bedroom.

"Take care then." Duke Mito said looking at the well dressed Amadeus.

"Where are you going?" Pacita asks despite her still on the top of the stairs.

Amadeus slowly look up and some strand of his hair fell his eyes.
"Mother, I am returning to school."

Pacita paused from walking down and stand straight on the middle of the staircase looking at Amadeus.

"Going...where?"

"He needs to go back to his school. His break is over." Mito said instead.

Pacita frowns. Her brows are knitted deep. She turn around and walk up the stairs saying nothing.

"Mo--"

"Young Duke, the carriage is ready." The butler timely walks to them and bow saying.

Mito frowns seeing Amadeus confused expression.
"Hurry now or you will be late."

Amadeus looks down hiding his face with unknown expression.
"Yes." He softly answered.

***

Knock* knock*

Pacita is leaning in the veranda. Her hair is swaying from the wind.
She is looking at the distance where ever it was.

Knock* Knock*
Pacita couldnt be bothered and just keep staring at the far away place.

Click*

The door opens and Mito frown seeing Pacita on the veranda unmoving.

"Are you that lonely he is leaving?"

Pacita slowly turn her head and look at the dashing Duke.
Then without answering look away.

Mito pull a chair and sit near Pacita.
"He should go to school anyways. Why do you look like it was news to you?"

Pacita looks at him.
"Even the most unsociable person needs company."

Mito looks at Pacita's back. She looks lonely, sad and alone in this world.
"I am here right?" Mito said.

Pacita chuckles and she looks back.
Her red eyes are really pretty especially when she is grinning like that.
"You?" But her words are not pleasant.
"I barely see you, your grace, even if you are here or not. No, Im not even sure if you are here or not."

Mito sighs.
"Its my fault. I am busy with work."

Pacita nods.
"No one can blame someone for working hard." She said staring at the wide scenery.
"I dont blame his grace for my loneliness. Its my fault. I just got used to Vill--Deus presence."

"I didnt know you too are that close."

Pacita chuckles.
"In this huge mansion, I can only converse with him. He also funny, did you know that he frowns like this when he sees something dirty in the floor?"

Pacita turns to look at the Duke with her face frowning trying to imitate Amadeus.

"Well, nobody likes uncleanliness."

"You dont understand huh." Pacita folded her arms.
"When he hates something, his left brow will arched a bit before looking away calling the maids. If he just frown it means he can still ignore it."

Mito frowns.
"You are watching him closely?"

Pacita grins.
"We are together for more than a month. I will notice even if Im careless right?"

"I see."

Pacita fliched hearing the sound of the horse carriage.

She turns around and see the carriage moving away.
Mito watched Pacita's expression.
Pacita sighs.
"Little Villain, you didnt say you are leaving..How unfair. I wont gave my farewell wishes too then. We are even." She giggles and used her finger to outline the carriage that is moving away.
"Hurry back." She softly whispers.

Mito looks at the crystal ball he is carrying in his hand.
It was a listening device.
Mito wants Amadeus to hear what Pacita, this strange woman thinks, as he will be gone.
Mito expects Pacita to give a model answer.
Something like missing Amadeus but school is important too so she needs to give up making him stay or something like that to sweet talk him.

Mito stands up after turning the listening device off.
"You should go out to entertain yourself. Attend some parties. Do not worry about your well being. I will make sure to you nothing will happen to you as long as Im alive."

Pacita slowly peeks at Mito's back until he left the room.
Pacita sighs and look up.
"Maybe...Its really time to go out again....I mean......" her face darken in shade. "..I should visit my grave." She said biting her lower lip.

Sometimes she feels that she is already crazy. She wants to see it. The proof that Pacita, the harlot existed.

***

Amadeus clenched the listening device.

He played it again.

'Hurry back'
It was so soft, so fragile tone that Amadeus never heared Pacita ever used.

'She can just said that to enticed father.' The fear of believing something is real and later learn it was not. Amadeus is always subjected to these thousand thoughts.
Who is sincere, how to tell, who to trust, how much to return...
He doenst have much faith on anyone but he always fear the people that close to him.
Like that woman they call the Kind Duchess.....Like that Nanny that take care of him when he is small, that small boy he secretly meet when he is little. All those people he likes and break his heart to thousand pieces.

Now it was Pacita's turn to make his head hurts from thinking.
How genuine is her care?
How much should I give my trust?
How long will all of this lasts?

Though he looks like he is not thinking anything, Amadeus is constantly thinking....and thinking and thinking....

It was strange if this type of child will not be insane soon.