Pacita is Strange 2

"Duke."

Duke looks at the Head butler and frowns.
"Are you drunk?"

The butler coughs.
"The Duchess insisted we all drink."

The Duke and the butler flinched hearing loud screams.

It's too loud and festive.
The butler fake coughs again.

"Lead the way." Mito said.

They finally arrive in the ballroom.
Opening the door, nobody pays attention to them..
In the center of everything is the beautiful duchess grinning with her face flushed.
"Come on Aliah, drink more! More! More!"

"HAI!" Aliah is no longer composed. Her hair is scattered and her eyes are swirling. Everyone is cheering with the duchess and the smell of the wine and beer are too strong here.

Aliah chugs the beer cup and smashes it to the table.

There is a deafening roar afterward.

"It's the Duchess's turn! Go go go!"

"Hehe." Pacita takes the beer mug and starts putting it on her mouth when she suddenly drops it.

Everyone looked in Pacita's eye direction and saw the duke.
Better than any sobering wine is the Duke's cold face.

"What's wrong?" Mito asks and takes off his coat to give the butler.
He tooks the beer mug and put beer inside.
He held it high.

"Let's drink."

"Whooooooaaa!"

.
.
.

Everyone wakes up in a daze. They all can't believe that they all drink with the Duke and even though they start early, the Duke drinks the same amount they did and is still the last man standing.

The Duchess too is good at drinking.
They thought she was only good at holding her wine but nobody imagined she might last longer with beer.

Of Course unknown to them,she cheated. She can't drink more than other drinks so she has a maid switch her drink. And this maid is dead drunk too in the end.

The Duke takes the Duchess away when she starts dancing.
The Duke has no desire to share his wife's dance.

He lets Pacita dance for hee the whole night and after that he eats her until sunrise.

Pacita is still sleeping but the Duke is already up and looking at the files he can handle at home.

"What started all the commotion last night?"

"The Duchess said the more the merrier. Everyone drinks a lot. I think the Duchess and Ms. Aliah started it."

"Hmm.."

Mito summoned Aliah in the afternoon.
Her head is still hurting but different to the duchess, the Duke isn't someone that will just dismiss when someone says they are a spy.

"I want to serve the Duchess."

"You?" Mito sneers.

"The Duchess is someone that I admire the most. She doesn't like me but she keeps me. She never used his highness to pressure me. I lost face time and time again but I ask for it myself. She, on other hand, keeps treating  me the same. I…want to serve that kind of person."

"You think I will trust your words?" Mito squinted his eyes.
"Isn't it the Empress Dowager that sent you here?"

"......the Empress is my grandmother." Aliah looks up. She decided to be with the duchess. She will let the Duke know everything and decide if she will be able to help the duchess, right? She is willing to be that piece. At least in the Duchess's eyes, she is a human. But in the Empress dowager. Such a weak, powerless and penniless her, is nothing.
"My mother is an illegitimate daughter of the Marquis Eliad. And she ma…."

.
.
.

Mito's lip twitch.
He never thought that a spy would resurface just because of his wife's eccentricity.

He still can't trust Aliah. But her background is already being confirmed. She is well hidden. A threat to his wife he never knew angers him so much he almost killed her with his bare hands.

Mito concealed his anger to the depth of his heart.
For now, this is a precious piece of information and Aliah is right. If she acts like a double agent. He can learn first hand information thanks to him. It's a win-win thing.
But how can such an advantage like this just offer herself to him?

Knock.

"Duke~"

Mito is feeling dark and cold but suddenly everything feels unimportant.

"Duchess."

Pacita opens the door and sticks her head inside, smiling bright at him.
"Hehe. I just woke up."
She said guiltily.

"Hmm." Mito sighs.
"What you did yesterday…"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry." Pacita runs to hug Mito on the chair. Sitting on his lap and hugging his neck.
"I just think since we will leave soon, why not have fun?" 

Mito pinches both her cheeks.
"This liar. You just want to drink wine."

"Am swoowweey."

Mito smiles and lifts her chin to kiss her mouth.

A/N:

Chuuuuu~~~
Hahahhaha.