Pacita's Grave 3

Knock* Knock*

"Madame, the Duke asked if you will eat dinner with him tonight?"

"No."
Pacita hugs her pillow as she listens to the footsteps walking away from her room.
"I acted so stupid!"
She exhales and covered her face with the pillow.

She is so distress now that she realized what she did this afternoon.
Running in hysteria. Making a scene in public. Running away from the carriage. Running barefooted.

Badum...badum.

She clencher the top of her chest that is still aching....from fear.

The fear she felt that time. The desire to get far away and be safe.

She sits on the bed and put her chin to the pillow that she is hugging.

"My boyfriend..... heh... After killing me...he thinks he can be my boyfriend. What a sick bastard." Pacita trembles as she closed her eyes shut.
"I...I dont even remember his f*cking name."

***

Pacita wakes up early the next morning.
Blinking her eyes. She went to take a deep breath on the veranda. Letting her golden hair loose as she stares at the green view everywhere.

Her life here is very comfortable and peaceful that she thought she get over her death already.
But the moment it presented in her face. She cant breath.

Knock* knock*

Pacita flinched and looks at the door.

"Who?"

"Its me."

"Duke?"

***

Pacita atleast groomed herself before letting the Duke enters.
She waited as he walks to her side.

"How are you?"

"Im sorry for what happened yesterday. I reflect on my shameless actions."

"That is not what I am asking."

Pacita looks up.
"Well, I am fine now. Thank you for the concern,your grace."

Mito looks at her from head to toe.
"And your foot?"

"That... It was hurting but itll get better tomorrow."

Mito turns around and open the door but he didnt leave.
"Call the doctor." He said to someone and closed the door again.

"This much is nothing."
Pacita said. She doesnt want to make a big deal out of it less the Duke asks her what happened to her.
How can she explain that she saw her past killer posing as her past self's boyfriend?

Mito looks at Pacita's serious expression.
It does look like she doesnt mind the pain.

"Its swollen to this degree and you call it nothing?"

Pacita laughs at the Duke's serious expression.

"What?" Mito frowns

"Im really amaze by you guys. A little swelling is not life threatening. I even had a fever for 1 week that makes me almost impossible to get up the bed but Im still alive right?" She smiles.
'Yeah...Im so strong but it seems if you lose too much blood, you'll die nevertheless. I struggle to live but people thinks they have the right to end my life....bastard'

Mito looks at Pacita who is now looking down with a very sad and conflicted expression.
Mito cant understand Pacita's insistence to not treat her foot swelling.
It was not life threatening but it could be very painful especially to a very frail looking woman. But her confession is enough..
She is used to pain and neglect.
To live, she needs to endure the pain.
Somehow, Mito is reminded of his own past.
His struggle to live.

Mito wants to say something as he reaches to touch Pacita's face  but someone knocks on the door.

"Duke, the doctor is here."
Pacita and Mito look at each others eyes.
Mito sighs.
"Let him in." He said and move away from Pacita.

Pacita doesnt like a doctor. They charged you expensive fee and even look down at her since she is just a harlot.

This time though, she might not be subjected to critisism but she cant erase the discomfort.
Its the feeling of not liking someone even before meeting them.

A/N:

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Guyss 😁😁😁😁😁