Bonus (😢)

Mito's P.O.V

Since I start doubting about Magdaline sometime ago,no, the moment she changes. But a few days ago, this doubt become stronger. I was shock how well I accepted that she is not the one I married.

Maybe because for me Magdaline Pacita Lawrence is nothing but a chess piece.

Whoever was sent to marry me...It wouldn't matter for me.

But that doesn't mean anyone can be the Irevelis Madame, my spouse.

Click*
Click*

Magdaline sighs and look at me after she sorted just five papers.

She usually made mistakes so she really ain't helping me. But I just let her stay because I am observing her.
That's the only reason.

"I am hungry."

"Let's eat."

"Huh? Aren't you busy?"

"Not much."

She will look at the piles of paper on top of my desk and the papers she is sorting out and smiles.
Ignoring everything, we will eat lunch together.

"My Lord, you haven't visited my room these days."

Cough*

It's just a few times, I slept in her room. It's not like I am that affectionate.

"I'm just busy."

Anyway's just ignore her.
After discussing with Amadeus. We think Magdaline...no the one inside her body, is another person.. a commoner. Her way of speaking, her lack of concern in politics, her unwillingness to mingle with upper class prove that she is not well verse with them. So far, I can handle her not appearing in front of the people.

But sooner, she really need to go.

It's not just socializing, it's her obligation as my Duchess.
But she is full of flaws.

I wonder why would a commoner suddenly in the body of a noble woman or is she pretending? It's hard to tell.
It could be a plot for a bigger mystery.
Maybe a larger organization, larger than the greedy Lawrence family, is behind this soul swap.

And if she can swap soul with Magdaline, could she swap with others too?
If she takes possession of my body, she would be able to rule the Dukesdom until Amadeus comes to age.

We are still unable to find how this soul swapping works.

And if Magdaline has a bad or good intention toward me and Amadeus.

"Husband, One more wine glass please. Just one more, I promise."

Looking at her carefree silly pleading face.
I shake my head.
How many times does she think she can fool me with this?

Pouting.
Her red iris stares at me with a greviance.
"I will give my dessert to you."

Heh.
Staring at those eyes.
I can't even recall the face of the real Magdaline.
I mean....How does she looks like? You two have the same face, how can you wear her face so differently?

"Fine. Just one."

"Husband, you are the best in the world!"

Being praise by her doesn't give me any happiness. I just think one or two glass of wine is nothing.

Seriously, why can't she just tell me the truth about herself?

Who is she really?

If she just tell me or Amadeus, if she is working for someone....wouldn't we be able to make her just work for me?

Tonight feels too lonely.
Just tbe cold wind makes me feel sad inside.
Just thinking of the posibility of you slipping away from me makes me mad.

"Why are you looking like that?" Magdaline touches my face as I look down to her.

"Magdaline...."

"Uhh...Slower..."

"Magdaline...Magdaline..."

"Uhh...Ahh...Here...I'm here..."

Her hoarse voice, I come to like it..
I lower my head to kiss her mouth.

Yes.
You are here.

But for how long?

Tomorrow, Amadeus will going back to school.
Magdaline is still tight lipped.

Looking at the woman in my bed.
Just asking who she is.....makes her feel so far.

"Ha? What's wrong, your grace?"
Pacita asks rubbing her eyes.

"Shh..Sleep." Hugging you tighter like this.
Would you understand me even a little?

"It's hard to breath. Move a bit....ah...Just hug me from behind." Pacita frowns and pushes me heartlessly. She pats the space behind her after she face her back to me.

Still, this woman who doesn't know how to read the mood still instruct me how to hug her better.
Well, good.