Funny Woman 3

"Oh..So the Duchess really knows alot about Vampires!" Clarisa smiles happily.

"A friend of mine is a writer. He told me alot about his ideas. One of the things he writes about are vampires. Said they are beings that are not like the normal people and because they don't age, they collected a lot of treasures and money and they are in the upper class usually."

"Hmm...Hmm." Clarisa keeps nodding her head.

"They drink blood of purest lineage like wine." Pacita holds a cup of  red wine and plays it.
"And they have eternal life. But they can't stay too long in the morning. Or they will turn into dust."

Clarisa screams in excitement.
"Ekkkk!!! So cool. I read a novel about a vampire woman that fell inlove to a prince and to save his life. She runs to block the sword coming to his heart even if it's daylight. She slowly turned into dust as they shared their last kiss." Clarisa wipes the edge of her eyes.

Pacita thinks that Clarisa is a really funny woman.

But she is not so bad. 

"How about we exchange letters?" Clarisa said.
"Soon I have to go to the Palace to start my training as the Crown Princess. It's fun talking to the Prince but I have no one to talk to."

"Ah?" Pacita sweats.
She doesn't know how to write.

"Oh? I know you are busy too. You can reply to me when you are free. You don't need to force yourself."

Pacita blushes.
"Well...I have very bad handwriting."

"It doesn't matter!" Clarisa screams in happiness. Grabs Pacita's hand and cheers.

Pacita wryly smiles.

.
.

Mito looks at the quiet Pacita.
They are riding a carriage to go home.
"What's wrong?"

"Ah….Nothing." Pacita doesn't want to tell. She feels like Mito will ask why she doesn't know how to write. No. He will look down on her.

"...... did Ms.Welmellin say something bad?" Mito angrily said.

Pacita's eyes widened.
"No no no. We are good friends now. She is a bit funny but she means nothing bad."

".....so why are you in a foul mood?"

"Nothing." Pacita looks away.

The next morning the Duke saw Pacita holding a letter.

"What is that?"

Pacita hides the letter.
"This is…..nothing."

Mito squints his eyes. He already received last night detailed names of Pacita(the harlot)'s customers and the frequency of their visit.
Now Mito would never let Pacita meet them again.

But first, he needs to know what Pacita is thinking and what she is hiding.

Pacita is looking at a beginner book and her clean paper and the ink.

"Why are these squibbles? How can these things form words?" Pacita sighs and puts her pen down.

Mito, who is spying on Pacita beside the window, smiles.

Mito needs to think up a way to teach Pacita how to read and write.

"Sir, you called?"
She is only a simple chef helper. An old woman trembles as Mito calls for her.

"Don't you go to the orphanage every 3 days?"

"Y...yes Duke but I dont go without permission and...I...I never steal anything Duke!" She kneeled on the floor trembling.

The Duke doesn't care about her kneeling.
"I heard you are teaching children how to write and read?"

"Ah? Y...yes. I was a former orphan and I grew up in that orphanage. The reason why I got a job here is because I can read , write and count, so I want others to learn."

"Good. My wife, Bring her when you go to the orphanage. Let her mingle with the children"

"That?"

Mito drops  a pouch full of gold coins.
"I heard the orphanage needs more facilities."

The old woman takes the money and thanks the Duke.

Mito writes a letter to his son.

Though it seems the first one that would receive his wife's letter is not one of them.

A/N:

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for the support.
All your lovely comments are well appreciated.
Thank you so much♡♡♡♡♡