Pacita is Strange

Pacita sighs

Pacita sighs.

"Sister, is there a problem?" Amelia asked worriedly. It's been the third time the Ms. Magda sighs today.

Pacita pouts.
She agreed to go to the North but she heard a lot of things about it. Like how it's cold there and you can only meet monsters on the road.
That it's so cold that only cold blooded people can live there.

"Isn't it an exaggeration?" Amelia said giggling.

Pacita doesn't have any reason to guard against Amelia, an orphan child. Better yet, Pacita has no idea she needs to be guarded by anyone.

Pacita thinks it's right.
Looking back, all the rumors she heard about the Duke and Amadeus are exaggerated.
Who is cold hearted? Who is a murderer?
Pacita taps her pen to her single braided hair.

"Yeah. Rumors are overrated."

"That's why it's a rumor."

"Cheeky brat."
Pacita chuckles.
"The pimple marks on your face are getting shallow. That's good. Just keep doing what you've been doing."

"I know." Amelia smiles.
"Lately, some people are paying attention to me and asking me if I'm doing something different. I guess being pretty really brings many benefits." Amelia looks up. "Shallow people."

Pacita chuckles.
"Don't say that. It's just normal to think highly of people that make an effort to clean their face more than people that don't, right?"

"I guess. I would rather eat at a clean restaurant even if it's unpalatable than eat in a dirty restaurant that tastes good." Amelia nods.
"It's me who is shallow."
Amelia clenched her fist. "I guess you always have a prejudice against people you don't really know but always heard about."

"Who are you talking about?"

"Nobles." Amelia smiles. "I'm helping in a noble house and the noble's child saw my face getting lighter. Maybe you can make this kind of medicine Sister. Then you will get rich."

"But different skin will have different results. I'm not sure…" actually Pacita is tempted hearing it can even attract nobles attention.
Her skin care is carefully crafted by her over the years because her most selling point is her face and skin. She always has to take care of it. Even now, this body is born beautiful but it's harder to maintain than she thought. But there is no need to worry because she is rich. She can buy just anything as long as she tells it to the butler.

.
.

"Duchess,"
Ms. Aliah looks at Pacita.

Looking at her makes Aliah sad.
Aliah has a lot of prejudice against Pacita. And time and time, she tested her patience and the duke……yet she is still here.

At first she thought she would be mean to her, make her stay to hurt her feelings or demean her. With the Duke's support, what can't she do? Aliah is really foolish for looking down on her.
But soon, she found out that though the Duchess doesn't particularly like her, she also doesn't hate her.
Her heart feels complicated.

'She always looks like a vulgar woman….yet she showed me respect as if we are equal.'

Pacita flinched seeing Aliah kneeling in front of her.
"Ah?"

"Duchess, to be honest, I know you already know but I'm an imperial family spy. Saying this may endanger my life and all those I hold dear but…You showed me kindness I don't think I deserve. I…"

"What are you doing?" Pacita angrily said.

Aliah looks up and sees Pacita crossing her arms and looking at her.
"Sit down properly. If someone sees you, they'll think I'm bullying you again."

Pacita thinks she heard someone say she is bullying Aliah. She argued and said it was her who was getting bullied and the maids cried for no reason asking her forgiveness.

Aliah blinks confused.
She wants to swear her allegiance to her but gets interrupted.

"Get up. Get up. I can't drink two glasses of wine if you don't give me a passing grade today. That's what the Duke said." Pacita pouts. "Tell me, what should I do if someone tells me this? In my opinion, whacking this kind of man is alright."

Aliah was speechless.
"Duchess…I'm….I'm a spy…"

"Ha?" Pacita became guarded.
"From Lawrence house?"

"No. From the Imperial house."

"Ha? Isn't my husband an imperial lap dog?"

"Duchess!? How can you say that?"

Pacita's eyes widened.
"I heard those people whispering about my husband being the royal's lap dog. If I heard, how could he not hear it?"

Aliah became serious.
She snaps the stick to her palm.
"Even if you hear it. Even if you know. You have to pretend you didn't hear it. Even if the most hated person is in front of you, you need to pretend you are having a good time talking to them."

"Oh?" Pacita smiles and looks at her.
"Is that also what you are doing?"

Aliah blinks. 
Then she sighs.
"Duchess…..you are so strange."

"Why do you always blame me?"
She angrily said.

"How can I not?" Tears are pouring out her eyes.

Pacita is tapping her pen on the table.
And sighs.
"Let's drink wine if you are going to cry."

A/N:

Whahahahaha