Chapter 50

JANE'S POV

After bathing , l dried my wet hair and slipped into my nightdress. I drew in a deep , shuddering breath before turning the door knob and walking out of the bathroom. Ferracco was sitting on the bed facing the bathroom door.

He gave me a lazy grin when he saw me. I drew in a sharp breath to calm down the sudden beating of my heart. Stupid organ! I wondered why it always got so excited for no reason.

He got up from the bed and strode towards me. He stopped before me and without warning , he pulled my neck and plastered a kiss on my mouth.

He released me and walked into the bathroom , closing the door after him. I was left standing in the middle of the room , my mouth gaped open in shock. I unconsciously walked to the bed , got under the covers feeling a nervous wreck.

I closed my eyes , still feeling the delicious sensations swirling inside me. Minutes later , l heard the shower running. After some minutes , the shower stopped running. I braced myself for his comeback.

Jane , why are you so nervous?

The bathroom door opened and l held my breath. I stole a glance of the bathroom entrance from under the duvet. Ferracco emerged from the bathroom , a white drying towel covering his lower half, riding dangerous low on his hips. His top was bare and glistening with water droplets.

I sucked in my breath , my heart beat quickening in irritation. How immoral! How can he walk around half naked like that!

His midnight black hair was wet and some few locks laid on his forehead making him look like he was posing for a hair commercial advert. He went to the other side of the bed and opened a drawer. I heard some rustling of clothes and then l knew he was changing into his night wear. I closed my eyes tightly not wanting to see him in that awkward position.

He switched off the light , plugging the room into total darkness. I hated this new setting. This dim lit room somehow felt intimate and l didn't want that. I just wanted my stupid heart to stop leaping as if the demons were after it . After such a tiring and exhausting day , l just wanted to curl myself into a tight ball and drift off to sleep.

But Ferracco's dominating presence made it impossible. It seemed like he took up 99% of the room , leaving me only a tiny 1% to live and struggle for some air.

The covers flipped open and he slipped into bed. I felt the bed dip low under his weight. I braced myself. The smell of his aftershave tickled my nostrils and invaded my senses.

I almost jumped out of my skin when he drew closer to me and hugged me from behind. I felt his bare chest and bare legs on me. I then realised that he was only clad in his boxer shorts. His body heat enveloped me from behind and l felt myself tremble.

His hand swept aside my hair from my neck and he lightly kissed my collarbone. I squeezed shut my eyes as l felt molten heat pooling low inside me. His other hand went around my waist and began drawing small circles on my stomach. I bit my lip as memories of last night invaded my mind. Memories of what those hands could do to me.

"Jane! Jane!," Ferracco whispered my name like some mantra as he continued torturing me with his hands.

Then l remembered his proposal and l felt myself stiffen. Ferracco's hand which had been trailing upward dangerously close to my bosom immediately stopped.