Chapter 44

JANE'S POV

A strong arm snaked around my waist. I snuggled closer to the warm body besides me. A male voice groaned besides me. Wait! Where am l?

My sleepy eyelids immediately fluttered open with my heart racing. I sucked in my breath when l saw Ferracco sleeping peacefully besides me.

I opened the sheets and looked down on my body. A gasp escaped me when l saw that l was completely naked underneath. Then the events of last night replayed in my brain.

What have l done!

I looked back at Ferracco sleeping besides me. His long black eyelashes covered his eyes. A mop of black hair was lying across his forehead. Elena had inherited his mid-night black hair.

I felt something swell in me as l recalled the endearments and promises he had whispered to me last night. I resisted the urge to remove those black strands lying on his forehead.

"He betrayed you , Jane! ," a voice echoed in my brain and l immediately withdrew my hand.

I had to escape before he wakes up!

I tried to remove his steel hold on my waist but Ferracco groaned and pulled me back in his arms. He cradled my head on his broad chest and tightly wrapped his strong arms around me.

"Are you trying to escape? , " he whispered in my ear in a husky voice.

I stiffened at his words. He was awake!

Ferracco opened his eyelids and l found myself swirling in the endless shades of blue. He gave me a lazy smile. There was a glint playing in his eyes indicating that he clearly remembered every detail of last night.

I felt a blush going across my cheeks. I was now sure that my face was as red as a tomato under his dark gaze. I wished the ground to open and just swallow me whole.

He brushed away a tendril of hair on my cheeks. I closed my eyes as l felt the familiar sensations swirling inside me. I froze when he kissed my forehead.

"You didn't take any lover since you had Elena?," he questioned me in that same husky voice.

My heart skipped a beat. My eyes flew open immediately and I raised my head to stare at him. How did he find out!

There was a smile dancing in his blue eyes. My mind reminded me of his betrayal and l wanted to shatter that look in his eyes.

"Don't flatter yourself, Ferracco!"

I hated to admit that for six years l never moved on.

Claudius and l never got to that stage. Whenever we tried, Ferracco's face would swim before my eyes and l would back out.

He pinned me down with his dark , intense gaze.

"Claudius and l ... have...done this a couple of times," l further defended myself in a stuttering voice.

Ferracco smirked and cocked a dark eyebrow at me.

" Trust me! I know a six year virgin when l see one. No wonder you were all wild last night," he chuckled.