Chapter 36

JANE'S POV

I watched Elena and hazel talking like some parted friends who finally met again. I felt jealous swelling in me.

"I want to show you my room."

Elena grabbed Hazel's hand and dragged her upstairs to her room. Ferracco had disappeared into his study room. I moved purposefully towards the study room. He and l had some serious talk to do. I couldn't believe he was already breaching the contract within the first month.

I entered the study room but he didn't notice me right away. His eyes were focused on the laptop screen in front of him. I guess he was doing some serious work judging by the concentration frown etched on his face. He raised furious eyes at me when l closed the laptop he was using.

"Jane! I have something important to do . Can you please step out for a moment," he calmly said and proceeded to pick a file besides him.

I grabbed the file from him and tossed it across the room. His jaw clenched in anger.

"What's wrong with you , woman?," he growled at me.

I suppressed a bitter laugh. I couldn't believe he was asking me that question when he clearly knew what got me all riled up in the first place.

"You even dare introduce my daughter to your whores! What do you want her to learn from them!," l yelled back at him.

His angry face relaxed a bit and he surprised me by grinning widely. I gasped in disbelief.

"What's so funny?," l asked him angrily.

Ferracco raked frustrated fingers through his dark hair and laughed. He got up from his seat and came to stand mere inches from me.

"I rarely got to see this jealous side of you. I can't believe someone soft like you attacked Hazel," he chuckled with a mischievous glint playing in his eyes.

I plastered a frozen smile on my face.

"Our marriage is fake but l won't allow you to disrespect me like that in front of all the maids."

"The maids are on a weekend leave," Ferracco said with a cocked eyebrow.

He was making fun of me after hurting me like that. He defended that woman in my presence.

I felt tears gathering in my eyes but l blinked them back. I would be damned if l ever cry in his presence ever again.

"Did you sleep with her?"

I asked him the question l have been itching to know. The smirk dancing on his face collapsed and l knew then that my question had hit home. A tear involuntarily trickled down my cheek and the waterworks started.

For a second time, he had betrayed me!

I stumbled into furniture blinded by my tears on my way to the door. Ferracco rushed to me and held back my arm.

"Jane! Don't you trust me?," he whispered in a hurt voice.

Trust!

I couldn't believe that word was coming out of a hypocrite like him!

"What have you done to regain my trust? You betrayed me once ,Ferracco! And l know you will keep doing it !," l forced out the words past a golf ball lump logged in my throat.