Chapter 11

After dinner , l went up to the guest room where Ferracco was temporarily staying. He didn't show up at dinner and l knew he was still mad at me. Because of my senselessness , he ended up being insulted in front of everyone.

I hesitated for a moment standing outside his closed door. After l gathered enough courage , l grabbed the door knob and pulled open the door.

His room was dark and empty.  My heart began to beat faster in fear.

What if he decided to leave me at last?

God knows l couldn't take it anymore to lose one more person in my miserable life.

Then l noticed that the glass patio doors leading to the balcony were opened and the moon casted a pale glow on a gloomy silhouette standing on the balcony. I heaved out a sigh of relief.

I took a moment to observe him silently before announcing myself. Ferracco seemed oblivious of my presence. He was standing by the railing and looking at my mother's garden absently.

His sleeves were rolled up, revealing strong arms dusted with dark hair. His hands were thrust in his Jean's pockets. His dark hair was being blown aside by the wind. I felt the sudden urge to run my fingers through the dark locks of his hair.

Ferracco had showed up at the most vulnerable moment of my life and he had offered me comfort . To me , he was my only link to sanity. Without him here , l would have gone insane with grief. I didn't know what l had done in my previous life to deserve him.

My heart swelled with love for me as l stared at him.

How did l get so lucky to have you in my life?

I ran to him and hugged him from behind. I felt him stiffen for a moment before relaxing. He slowly turned around to face me. His face was pale and his eyes troubled. I looked into his dimly lit face searchingly.

" Are you still mad at me," l asked worriedly.

He removed my hands from his waist and ran his hand impatiently through his dark hair. A gesture of his when he felt helpless.

He gazed down at me intensely with his furious , blue eyes. I momentarily flinched . l have never seen him so furious. He was mostly sweet , polite and kind. I began to feel worried.

Did he decide the whole idea of "us" was insane?

" Ferracco.....," my words ended in a gasp when he suddenly gripped my wrists tightly in his hands.

" What the hell were you thinking back there!,"he blurted out angrily.

His hands were clutching both my wrists like some hot iron bands searing through my skin. I looked into his burning eyes and l saw my worst nightmare unfolding before my eyes in a slow motion.

Ferracco was leaving me! There was no doubt of that.

I looked into his eyes silently begging him as tears overflowed my face.

You can't leave me too!