Chapter 12

Something like a headlight flashed in my face. I groaned and turned the other way muttering curses. When did the bulb light get this bright and annoying. I still wanted to sleep.

Click! Click!

The flashlight went off in my face again. This time l forced open my sleepy eyes and they were met by a shirtless and grinning Ferracco.

He was wearing a mischievous grin as he held his camera.

He was doing it again!

"Ferracco! I told you to stop that!," l yelled in a still sleepy voice throwing a pillow at him.

His boyish grin only increased. He clicked one more picture of me earning a groan from me.

"Do you know you look sexy as hell when you are asleep," he said with a smirk.

A shy smile made it's way on my face. I was sure my face was now fifty shades red with all the blushing. Ferracco enjoyed teasing me to no end. He once told me he enjoyed making me blush because it showed he still had an effect on me.

It was now our day six in Paris for our honeymoon. Every chance he get , Ferracco loved taking pictures of me with the camera l got him for his birthday , especially when l was asleep.

I had discovered many things about him in the  past week.

1: He was allergic to any sea food.

2: He loved photography

3: The man was a clean freak. We argued every time over my laying around clothes.

4: He had a talent for cooking.

We spent two blissful weeks in Paris for our honeymoon. During daytime , we toured Paris . We went for shopping , cruising and dining in expensive restaurants. At night , Ferracco would rush me to our honeymoon suite where he will whisper promises of love in the night under his tender care and touches.

An excited shiver ran through me every time l recalled the nights we spent in our honeymoon suite.

It was barely two days since my return from France and Claudius was already pressuring me into taking the reins of my parent's business.

My parents had left me their entire fortune. I had studied business management at my father's insistence but my dream was to be an artist. I guess it was now a long forgotten dream.

Back then l was afraid of disappointing  my father. He always reminded me that the empire he was building was for me .

"Jane ! You can't possibly deny your legacy. This is Mr Augusto's dream for you," Claudius argued.

We were in my father's study room discussing about my inheritance. I exhaled deeply feeling  helpless and trapped. I knew that Castio Construction company would collapse under my poor management. I was already scared.

" l am not good at this," l said my voice barely above a whisper.

Claudius gripped my shoulders and stared at me , his dark gaze silently commanding.

"I will help you all the way until you are strong," he urged firmly.

I shook my head slowly.

" Of course , you will help . You are still the company's lawyer. I know someone who can do a right job in leading Castio."

Claudius looked up shocked , then his steel grey eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Who is that?," he demanded in a not so friendly voice.