Chapter 56

SILVIA'S POV

I laughed at Sean's latest conquest tales. I was glad that l had agreed to go out with him when he called me up this morning. I had spent the entire morning in my room crying and hurting over Claudius's painful words. Sean had called me up during my distressful time and l had poured out my nonexistent love story to him over tears.

Sean was one of those people l knew ever since l was growing up because our fathers were business partners. We were not exactly close but we do hanged out at clubs and parties every time he came into the city.

Sean was amazed to hear me crying and he swore to find that man who had finally managed to turn the strong and invincible Silvia into an emotional mess and then thank him. I had laughed through tears at his silly joke. He had then asked me to got out with him and turn away my mind from Claudius.

Now he was telling me of how he nearly got killed in Thailand after being caught in a married woman's bed. I laughed till my ribs were hurting.

Then l felt like someone was watching me. The feeling was uncomfortable and creepy. My eyes searched around the restaurant but everyone seemed to be engaged in their own business. My eyes then landed on the person l least expected to see.

It was Claudius. He was talking and smiling with some blondie. I felt a stab of jealous. I swallowed over the lump forming in my throat. I couldn't believe he was moving on so quickly. It wasn't even five hours since he declared he was better off without me and now he was in a restaurant having dinner with his date.

Am l that forgettable!

Claudius turned his head and l quickly looked away. Sean noticed my sudden silence and he asked me what was wrong.

"It's him," l whispered to him.

His eyes widened and then a smirk formed on his face. He was up to something.

"Then it's show time , baby. Let's show him what he is missing out, " he said with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Don't be childish , Sean. You can't force love," l told him with a sad sigh.

"Don't be stupid , Silvia. When did you get this dumb? Can't you tell that guy is crazy about you. He is clearly on a date but he keeps looking at you."

My heart leapt in joy for a moment.

"Really? ," l asked him in a dry voice , my heart picking up speed.

He nodded his head.

"You know what . I have always thought you a selfish and a mean spoiled rich brat,"he confessed.

I gasped and then started laughing.

" You are a traitor friend , Sean. How can your opinion of me join the rest of the crowd, " l chuckled.

"I am only being honesty. You were mean , Silvia. Remember how you broke my robot when we were in kindergarten just for the fun of it."

"I regretted it that day. I felt ashamed," l told him with a sad smile.

Sean smiled sadly and reached for my hand.

"But l learnt to accept you for who you are because l discovered that you were a wounded child. No matter how people tried to befriend you , you remained distant because you had built a wall around yourself. A wall so high that even you , couldn't see over it but that guy , whatever you call him managed to break it. Now you seem human again. Aren't you going to fight for him?"

Our eyes held as l debated my decision. Sean glanced at Claudius's table and a full smile broke out on his face.

"It's working," he said in a satisfied voice.