Chapter 2

My eyelids felt heavy. I slowly peeled them open and saw darkness only.

Ouch!

My head was aching badly as if l had just been run over by a truck. My eyes roamed all over the place in confusion , questioning myself where l was. I sighed in relief when l realised I was sleeping in my own bed.

What a terrible nightmare l had!

My heart skipped a beat in fear when l realised I wasn't alone in the room .There was an outline of a man sitting in a chair besides my bed with his dark head hung down .

His muscular body structure was nothing like my father's or Claudius's .

Who was he?

Fear seized me at the prospect of having an armed robber in my room.

Before l could scream bloody murder , he turns on the bedside lamp and golden light flooded the room.

I found myself staring into the most amazing blue eyes . His jaw was sharp and his skin heavily tanned . An indication that he spent a great deal of his time outdoors.

But wait!

There was something familiar about him. Blue eyes! l had definitely seen him before.

"Don't be scared , it's only me."

Even his deep rich voice held a familiar note in it. My brain searched at a faster pace.

"Who are you? ," l asked in a croaked voice , the fear of having a strange man in my room creeping inside me again.

He remained silent for a while , staring at me with an ease and familiarity that caused the hairs on my neck to stand up on one end.

I had definitely seen him somewhere but l couldn't remember where and it was starting to freak me out.

And the fact that he was in my room , sitting by my bedside in the middle of the night didn't help either.

I sat up in bed quickly , my heart hammering in fear but l managed to shoot him a deadly glare l could possibly muster.

"Who the hell are you! And what are you doing in my room!," l cried out.

He quietly removed the hood he was wearing and a mass of midnight black hair fell over his forehead.

"You don't really remember me or you don't want to ?," he asked again in that same eerily familiar voice.

Then Bang!

Everything was right back before my eyes.

It's true when they say that sometimes your brain can block your most painful moments for a moment. It's because of the fear in us of facing our realities. It's our way of coping with the pain.

l was now staring at the cruel reality of my life again.

"No! ," l said in a small voice as l shook my head in denial.

"It's not true! THEY ARE NOT DEAD!," l screamed facing him.

He continued watching me with a relaxed look on his face , as if he didn't have a care in the world.