Chapter 59

SILVIA'S POV

I waved at Jane as the taxi drove her away. I smiled happily to myself. I couldn't believe l had gained a true friend in a span of two weeks.

Jane at that!

My depression had wore off and l now looked forward my future with a happy smile. In a few months, l was going to be a mother. I was going to have someone to love and cherish. Someone who was going to return my love and never abandon me. I was going to have someone to call my own. The knowledge filled me with so much happiness. The painful thoughts about Claudius were now buried in the back of my mind.

Jane was really an amazing woman. I now understood why Claudius and Lucas were crazy in love with her. She was kind , caring and loving. She even helped me to shop for the baby. I had decided to make a nursery for the baby before l became heavily pregnant.

My mother had called me silly and told me to hire people for the job but l had refused. I had spent my entire life with servants at my beck and call. For the first time , l wanted to do something on my own especially for my baby.

I walked over to my car. I was about to open the door when someone roughly spun me around. I gasped when l saw Claudius's furious face under street lamp.

My heart started to gallop in fear.

"Claudius!," l whispered in a dry voice.

My throat had gone dry all of a sudden. He pulled me closer until his face was mere inches from mine. Anger glittered in his grey eyes. A muscle ticked in his jaw and he was breathing harshly in rage. I had never seen him so furious. I flinched in fear.

Could it be ...

"You never planned on telling me, did you ?," he gritted out through clenched teeth.

My eyes widened in shock and horror. He knew about the baby.

"How did you....," l asked in a breathless voice.

His nails dug into my forearms and l winced in pain.

"You planned on keeping me in the dark and then abduct my child to France and never return. Didn't you? ," he shouted at me.

How did he found out?

No one besides my aunt knew of my plans. I lied to Jane that l planned on telling Claudius later when in fact l wanted to emigrate to France without telling him anything. The nursery l planned to make was for my apartment in Paris.

I didn't want to tell Claudius because l didn't want my child to have the same miserable childhood l had. Claudius was never going to love the baby as much as l do. To him , she was going to be a responsibility! I didn't want my child to feel unloved and abandoned as l felt when l was growing up.

"It was for the best," l replied in a cold voice.

He pushed me away. Tears rolled down my cheeks as l stared at his face. He was looking at me in pure despise and disgust.

"You will never change , Silvia. Still a little scheming witch. Is this how you planned to make me pay for calling off things that morning," he spat out.

I swallowed over the lump which had formed on my throat. No one had the ability to hurt me with words as much as Claudius did. Every hurtful word from him was like a pierce to my heart.

"Now that l know about the baby, l won't be kept away! If you try to run away , l will sue you and your entire family for kidnapping. Got that?"

He glared at me for the last time and walked out of the parking lot. I drew in a deep shuddering breath and leaned against my car , my whole body feeling weak.