Chapter 47

JANE'S POV

I held onto his shirt tightly as painful sobs wrenched from me. My heart was aching so badly that l wanted to just die. It hurt. It hurts so much. I was feeling so terrible. I wished to just go into my room , curl myself into a tight ball under my warm duvet until the terrible nightmare passes away.

I wished it was a just a terrible dream and l would soon wake up from it and laughed at the absurdity of it. But no , it wasn't a dream. It was reality. I had lived a lie my entire life.

The man l had loved and adored my entire life was nothing but a cold blooded murder. He was the same man who fathered Ferracco and snatched away his childhood by killing his mother. The man l believed to be my father was the one who made Ferracco's life a living hell. He was the cause of all Ferracco's terrible nightmares and his post traumatic disorder.

Ferracco!

My heart squeezed painfully as l thought of all the terrible things he underwent because of my father. He had to watch his beloved mother getting murdered in his presence at such a tender age. He had to roam around the streets dirty and hungry because the same man who fathered him made him an orphan.

Oh Ferracco!

More tears spilled down my cheeks as the pain in my heart tightened. I removed the arms of the man who claimed to be my father from around me.

"These are words Ferracco wanted to tell you but he couldn't," the older man said as he clasped my trembling hands in his battered ones.

My swollen eyes frantically searched the room for Ferracco until they landed on him. Our eyes locked together from across the room. There were tears glistening in his eyes. His face was deathly pale. It must have cost him a lot of pain to silently stood there while Luis related the painful events of that horrible night.

Suddenly l felt a strong urge to cross the room to where he stood grim faced and wrapped my arms around him. I felt tears pooling into my eyes again as we silently stared at each other. I blinked back the tears and quickly looked away.

"Forgive me for not being there for you. Alice and l wanted to protect you," he pleaded.

Again l was reminded of another painful fact of my life. This older man besides me was my biological father. Hurt crawled into my chest. There was nothing he could say that would justify the pain l was feeling right now. They were all excuses!

Excuses! Excuses! Excuses!

I removed his hands from me suddenly feeling revulsion for the old man. I shot out of my seat and glared at him with swollen eyes.

"I don't want to hear any excuses! I know the two of you hid the truth because of your selfishness and greedy. You wanted me to inherit his business empire!," l blurted out angrily.

Luis's face paled at my words and l knew then that l had hit a painful nerve. He took a deep breath and scratched his dense beard.

"We wanted you to have the best life."

The best life!

I shook my head in disbelief , tears trailing down my cheeks.

" For twenty one years , l felt very lonely. The two of them were barely there for me. They were moving around the globe building their so-called business empire!," l cried out in frustration.

His eyes darkened with tears. He moved closer to me and tried to clasp my hands again but l shook my head in denial , scooting away from him. His face looked pained at my withdrawal.