Chapter 19

NO ONE'S POV

Silvia threw Lucas another annoyed look for the umpteenth time since coming into the restaurant. Lucas pretended not to notice and continued cutting his steak with a table knife.

" Spill it out already. What's all this about? ," she said in an annoyed voice.

Lucas didn't even look at her .

" Can't l take my fiance out for dinner, " he responded calmly.

Silvia rolled her eyes at him.

" Spare me that shit, Moretti. I know you well. You are not a romantic type. You rarely took me out for dinner. You always preferred to spend that time in bed ."

Silvia grabbed her wine glass and took a huge gulp of the champagne. She replaced the wine glass on the table and glared at him with her arms crossed over her chest. Lucas grabbed his glass and sipped slowly.

"What's the big deal anyway? We are going to spend the rest of our freaking lives together. So l figured out we might try to get along with each other and try to get to know each other better and not just in bed only."

He winked at her afterwards . Silvia snorted at his last words.

" Yet it was you who told me that emotions had nothing to do with our relationship. You said as long as we are physically compatible there was no need for emotions. You said our marriage is to be strictly business. Merge and acquire."

Her voice was laced with pain. Lucas brushed the thought aside. He was imagining this. Silvia was the last woman to be emotionally attached to a man . That was the very reason he chose her.

Lucas shrugged slightly.

" The condition still stands. You know l don't do love. That's all crap and bullshit. Feelings are messy. It's best to keep everything professional but you are still my fiance and we have to get along at some point."

" Are you suggesting we become friends," Silvia asked in disbelief.

Luca's lips turned into a smile.

" Not bad. As long as you don't get clingy and possessive like before."

Silvia smirked at him.

" What tricks are you up to this time?Pretty tell coz l can see right through you. Are you afraid that l am gonna break off the engagement before the deal is through. Coz l won't do that . l will never give you up for some slut."

Lucas's smile spread into a wicked grin.

"You know me too well, sweetheart. I heard your father is acquainted with Mr Estavo. He is being stubborn and refusing to sell me his land."

" You want my dad to put in a word for you," she said in a scowling voice.

" Exactly. "

" Actually he is my mother's former classmate. You are aware of the fact that my mother hate your guts right."

"Tell me why your mother despise me that much."

" l understand her. What did you expect. You were all over tabloids as a famous playboy. My father then suddenly announces his decision to wed us without consulting me or my mum. She thinks you are going to hurt me someday. "

" That won't happen. As long as we stick to the contract , we are good. "

Silvia battled her long fake eyelashes at him.

"Whatever."

"If l am going to help you, l might as well want to know what you are planning to do with the land once you get it," Silvia asked with suspicion.