Chapter 42

JANE'S POV

We were now sitting around a long dining table in the garden . Several lanterns were hung in the trees giving the place a magical look . Maids were floating around serving champagne and food.

Everyone was merry and conversing except of one person. Ferracco!

He was glaring at Claudius the entire night. When we came into the garden , Ferracco had rushed to my side and pulled out a chair for me. I had simply walked away to the other side of the table and drew out a chair for myself besides Claudius. I wanted to piss him off and it had worked.

His blue eyes were smouldering and l could practically see steam coming out of him. A muscle was throbbing in his jaw as he sat regarding Claudius and l with a heated glare. I fought an urge to snicker. I was really enjoying this.

I drew my chair closer to Claudius to further anger him. I stole a glance beneath my eyelashes at Ferracco's fuming face before leaning closer to Claudius.

"Claudius , thank you for coming to the party," l whispered to him.

Ferracco's jaw clenched in fury. Claudius flashed me a huge grin and covered my hand with his. Ferracco's eyes nearly bulged out at Claudius's gesture.

"My pleasure, Jane. Anything for you," he drawled and then shot Ferracco a smirk.

Silvia suddenly walked into the garden. My mouth gaped open in surprise. What is this witch doing here!

Ferracco shot out of his chair.

"Who let this woman into my house?," he demanded in an angry voice.

Silvia gave out a hysterical laughter. She flipped back her long honey - brown hair and smirked at Ferracco.

"Relax Lucas! I only came to get my things," she replacing in her sultry voice.

Bianca instructed Bertha to go pack Silvia's stuff. The guests had stopped eating and were now staring at the scene with curiosity.

I felt anger bubbling inside of me. I shot Ferracco a glare. His mistress was here to disrupt my party.

"I can't believe you and your father would stoop so low that you would bribe someone from my company to steal information for you."

Silvia threw back her head and burst into another hysterical laughter.

"Lucas sweetheart! We didn't bribe anyone. We played fair. We were only fortunate that someone came forward and offered to help us win the bid," she said in her sultry voice.

My heart began to race. I hid my trembling hands under the table. Claudius held my hand and gave me an assuring smile.

"I need to know the name of that traitor!," Ferracco demanded in an angry voice causing me to flinch.

"Maybe someone at this table," Silvia replied as her eyes roamed around the table.

Her eyes finally settled on me and the evil smile on her face widened. She approached me.

"Your dear darling wife told her ex-lover the amount you were planning on proposing for the bid," Silvia chuckled.

Ferracco stared at me in pure horror and shock. Some guests at the table gasped in shock.

"What does she mean by that?," Ferracco turned to me with a hurt expression.

"Ferracco ! Please listen! I didn't know that ..."