Chapter 66

JANE'S POV

"Lola!,"l called out for the umpteenth time, standing outside the toilet cubicle.

I could hear Lola quietly sobbing inside. My hand softly knocked on the door again.

"Lola, please open up. Talk to me," l pleaded again feeling my heart breaking for her.

It's been an hour since she locked herself in the toilet. I fully understood what she was feeling. I had experienced the same pain when l discovered that the man l thought to be my father for all my life was not and to add more pain to my misery, l discovered he was also a murderer and a fraud.

"You don't get it , Jane! You can't imagine the pain l am feeling right now," she cried from inside in a frustrated voice.

I sighed and leaned my head against the door.

" l also felt the same pain when l discovered that Luis was my real father and that the man l thought to be my dad was Ferracco's father and the same man who killed his mother."

" l don't get why my parents kept this from me,"she cried out still sobbing.

"They were protecting you from a bitter truth," l replied absentmindedly as l remembered Ferracco echoing the same words when l asked him the reason why he betrayed me.

Lola let out a mocking laughter and banged her hand at something l assumed to be the wall.

"That's all excuses!"

"Lola, do you regret the years you spent calling Uncle Roberto father," l asked her.

The door suddenly opened nearly knocking me down. She stared at me with horror written on her face.

"How can you say that, Jane. You knew how much l loved and adored him. I will never trade the years l spent with him for anything."

I smiled sadly and laid a hand on her shoulders.

"l know," l told her.

"Then why the hell were you asking?," she asked me with a deep frown on her tear-stained face.

"Just my ploy to get you out of the toilet."

Lola smiled and playfully punched my arm. I felt relived seeing her smile again.

"This news changes nothing, Lola. Uncle Roberto will always remain your true father. Just think of Augusto as a sperm donor," l said, earning a laugh from her.

"I can't believe Ferracco is my brother."

The smile on my face widened as l realised many similarities between them. They both had strong wills and they were very stubborn when it came to getting their ways.

"No wonder you are both strong-headed," l chuckled.

"I guess that's why we instantly clicked the moment we met,"Lola responded and we both broke into loud peals of laughter.

Her smile faded to be replaced by a surprised look. She pointed at me.

"So that makes you my..."

"sister-inlaw," l finished for her with a fond smile on my face.

"I guess we were destined to be real sisters afterall."

We hugged each other laughing and crying at the same time. I realised in that moment that some bad times in life were meant to lead us to good times like this.

Afterwards, Lola and l went back to Ferracco's room. When we got there , he was already conscious and sitting up on his bed. Amira, Luis and Bianca were also there with him. I could tell by the stunned look on his face as he stared at Lola that he now knew their relation.