Chapter 37

FERRACCO'S POV

A huge smile broke out on my face when l saw her standing on the other side of the road. She flashed me her usual sweet smile and the smile on my face widened.

I began to wave at her excitedly and she waved back smiling. After school , l had cleaned the house to perfection and eagerly waited for her.

Today was my birthday and the two of us always celebrated under a candlelit dinner. She was holding a small basket and l knew it nestled my birthday cake and other surprise gifts.

My favourite cake was chocolate flavoured and she always bought it for me on this day. It was dark and the road was deserted . There was no traffic as it was a small road in a small country town.

She began to cross the road. Head lights flashed on her face. I saw a black car speeding towards her at an insane speed.

"Mother!," l screamed and ran towards her.

But l was too late, the black car ran into my mother. I watched in slow motion as my mother flew up into the air and bounced on the tarred road behind the car.

She laid on the road in a pool of her own blood. Her face was deathly pale and bloody. I rushed towards her my heart racing madly and took her feeble body into my arms.