Chapter 54

NO ONE'S POV

Claudius stared at Silvia in shock and horror. Could it be that he had heard her wrong?

"What?," he asked in a breathless voice.

Her big brown eyes looked vulnerable as they penetrated into his.

"Please don't send me away. I don't want to go home," she pleaded again.

He crossed his arms over his chest and subjected her to one of his stern looks that always managed to silence his brother's silly protests.

"You can go to a hotel. Surely you have the money to do that," he suggested in a firm voice.

Claudius assessed her tearstained face and wondered if it was one of her ploys to get him under her control. Silvia loved controlling and she was devastated if things didn't go her way.

His coworkers gossiped among themselves that Claudius was Silvia's flavour of the month and the witch was determined to get him at all costs. Claudius now felt uncomfortable at the office because Silvia and him were the current talk of the office.

Some even said that he was Silvia's current obsession. Claudius had even caught her too many times to count spying on him at the company. He knew that Silvia didn't love him but she was only obsessed with him because according to the rumours at the company, he was the first person to resist Silvia Paula's charms. He didn't know why he felt bothered by the knowledge yet it did.

He knew that he didn't love Silvia at all and that he did rather die than to be chained to someone narcissistic and selfish like her.

"I don't want to be alone. Thinking about my parents will drive me insane. That's why l came here ."

"What about your friends? ," he asked.

She cast her eyes to the floor , her long ebony eyelashes barring her golden brown eyes and laying on her creamy cheeks in the process. He was secretly fascinated by the length of her eyelashes . His eyes moved all over her face , drinking in her every feature.

She was the most beautiful woman he had seen so far. Her honey brown hair cascaded down to her waist in glossy waves. Her golden brown eyes were framed by a pair of long lashes. Her mouth was full and generous.

Tonight her face was bare of any makeup and scarlet red lips were her only accessory . The olive tint of her skin gleamed under the kitchen light. Looking at her, Claudius was overwhelmed with the memories of the night they spent together. How he had ran his fingers through those glossy strands and indeed they were as silky as he had imagined they would be.

Claudius blinked his eyes , horrified by the veer of his thoughts.

Focus Claudius!

"You may find it hard to believe but l don't have any real friends," she replied, jerking him out of his forbidden thoughts.

"l wouldn't be surprised," he replied in a sarcastic voice, inwardly cursing her for making him feel this uncomfortable.

Silvia stared at his hardened face and she felt pain shooting through her.

"Are you still angry with me?," she asked him in a low voice.

His steel grey eyes bore into hers and he was amazed and bothered to discover that her betrayal no longer hurt him like it did yesterday.

" I don't want to talk about it,"he replied in a cold voice.

"I am sorry for what l did ," she forced out the words past the lump in her throat.

He brought back his gaze on her , puzzled that she had just apologised. He couldn't believe she had just uttered the word "sorry" with that mouth. From what he had learned about her personality, Silvia never apologised to anyone. Her ego was too big for that. She also didn't admit she could ever do wrong. According to her, she was always right.