Chapter 40

FERRACCO'S POV

"Sir , the team has already set out for the bid, " Reid , my right hand man informed me.

"Tell me of the outcome as soon as possible."

"Yes Sir."

A smile crept on my face. I already knew the outcome. That piece of land was going to be mine at all costs. I had spent a lot of energy and resources to get it. Estavo, that sneeky old man had refused to sell me his land but put it up for auction instead.

I swiped my identification card and the elevator went up to the last floor where my office was . A soft chime announced my arrival and the doors opened.

My secretary , Nina flashed me a flirting smile and leaned forward to get me a glimpse of her cleavage. She flipped back her long black hair and her blood painted mouth curled into one of her infamous seductive smiles.

"Lucas your ....," she said in her sultry voice.

I narrowed my eyes dangerously at her and her smoked eyes widened in fear.

"It's Sir in the office!," l told her in a stern voice.

" Sir , your wife is waiting for you inside ," she said in a meek voice.

I headed towards my office. I regretted ever hooking up with my secretary once. Nina was getting rebellious more and more each day. She now thought she could do whatever she wants in my company because of some stupid one night stand we had six months ago.

Rule number one, never ever sleep with your secretary! I made note to dispose her later. I was now married and l couldn't risk having problems with Jane again.

I was surprised to see Jane in my office. She never visited me at my work place. She looked up startled when she heard my footsteps. She quickly replaced the file she was holding.

She flashed me one of her beautiful smiles. I couldn't help the smile which broke out on my face. Jane is slowly accepting our marriage!

I offered a silent prayer to my lucky stars.

"What a pleasant surprise to be visited by my lovely wife."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"By the rate , you were sending flowers everyday , my office was turning into some flower shop. I decided to put an end to your childish ways," she taunted me in a bored voice.

A huge smile broke out on my face.

"You accepted my dinner invitation!," l said in awe.

She gave me a curt nod. I dashed to the intercom on my desk and pressed.

"Nina, reserve that restaurant again. I am going on a dinner date with my lovely wife."

Jane snorted at me.

~****~

JANE'S POV

My eyes roamed around the restaurant in awe. I was shocked that Ferracco had booked the entire restaurant for us. The lights were dim and there were several candles that filled the room with a soft glow.

On the other side of the restaurant , a stage was set up and a female singer was crooning a beautiful love song. Ferracco held out a chair for me and l sat down on it. He took his seat and waved his hand.