Chapter 49

JANE'S POV

I descended the stairs wearing a long red dinner dress with a sweetheart neckline and black high heels. Ten minutes ago, Lola had retouched my makeup.

"Ferracco will drop dead when he sees you," Lola had whispered to me.

And he almost did as l stared at him waiting for me at the foot of the stairs. His blue eyes widened as they racked all over me. His eyes darkened with something l had come to know very well. He took my hand and gently kissed it.

"You look beautiful princess," he whispered as he stared at me from under hooded eyes.

My stomach flipped at his endearment. I felt a blush going across my cheeks as l looked at him from under my eyelashes.

Ferracco looked dashing in a dark blue suit. His dark hair was held back by a gell. I could smell his usual cologne on him.

He offered me his arm smiling. I took it and we headed to the garden where we were having our family dinner. Everyone applauded when we reached the table.

Ferracco pulled back a chair for me before taking his own seat besides me. The smile on my face widened as my eyes roamed around the table. The whole family was gathered. There was Aunt Amira,Bianca,Lola ,Hazel Elena and Luis.

Hazel winked at me when my eyes rested on her. Elena was sitting on Luis's lap relating her kindergarten tales. Luis would laugh out loud and nod his head at intervals.
He was clearly smitten with his granddaughter.

Elena whispered something in Luis's ear and he laughed merrily.

"I will buy it for you, my dear grandchild," he chuckled as he ruffled Elena's dark hair.

Elena rolled out her tongue at Hazel.

"Aunt Hazel, you lost. My granddad will buy that toy for me," she pouted .

I stared back at Ferracco with a smile in my eyes.

Thank you!

Ferracco must have read the silent message in my eyes because he raised our joined hands to his lips and kissed my hand.

"Thank you for giving me the greatest gift of my life. Our daughter!," he whispered to me.

I blinked back tears at his words. We had the most amazing family dinner ever. Food and champagne were flowing around. Everyone was merry. Luis was the most jovial person of all. He cracked many tales about his prison days and some of us nearly choked on our food with laughter.

I finally felt glad that l had a new father. After dinner, Ferracco stood up clinking a fork on his champagne flute.

"I want to thank everyone for being here and for making this family dinner unforgettable," he started.

He faced Aunt Amira .

"I want to thank Aunt Amira and Lola for standing by Jane through her difficult moments and also for raising Elena into an adorable kid. I promise you from this day onwards that l will never hurt Jane again. I will take care of her and cherish her ."

I watched Aunt Amira brushing her tears away smiling .

"I also want to thank Bianca and Hazel for being there for me. You stood by me when l had no one. Bianca you really fulfilled a mother's role in my life. I want to thank Luis for fathering such an amazing and lovely woman like Jane."

I gasped when Ferracco suddenly kneeled besides me. My heart began to race in anticipation. Tears darkened my eyes.

"Jane," he said in a low voice as he stared deeply into my eyes.