BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN

CHAPTER 1

I slowly shook my head in denial.

This wasn't happening!

I didn't want to believe any single word they were saying. They were some stupid corn artists or maybe l was imagining the entire thing. If l could only close my eyes a little bit, maybe this madness. This sick joke in front of me will disappear.

I slowly closed my eyes , praying and waiting for a miracle to happen but instead l felt chubby hands shaking me awake. I peeled my eyes open immediately and what l saw made me drew in a deep and shuddering breath.

The short , bald policeman with a huge , protruding stomach hadn't vanished into thin air. Instead he was staring at me , his huge face creased into a worried frown .

It was indeed reality! I wasn't fantasising the entire thing.

I staggered backwards feeling my breath knocked out of me. My heart began to pace wildly and blood pounded hard in my head.

It felt like l was drowning under an ocean without a fight and couldn't breath. My heart was thumping at a faster speed against my ribcage in anticipation that someone could assure me l was misinformed of this entire thing.

"Miss Jane? Are you okay? Should we take you to the hospital?," the older policeman asked worriedly.

I almost released a mocking laugh at his ridiculous words. Of course l was not okay! Who would be in a situation like this.

"Miss Jane , we are really sorry for your loss and we are sorry to break the news to you in this manner. There is nothing we can do but accept this tragedy ."

l faintly heard the policeman talk against the sound and pressure of blood pumping in my head. For a moment l felt anger rushing down my entire system . How can he say it so simple like this.

What did he know to be blurting out such nonsense at a time like this. I had just lost two people who meant the world to me.

My dear parents!

I couldn't live without them. Their smoothing voices , their sweet smelling hugs , their smiles , their kisses , their scents

Oh God!

Life would be meaningless without them.

They didn't deserve to die. At least not in that horrible way.

My parents were kind and loving people. They built orphanages and old people's homes because they sympathised with other people's pain. So why did God took up good souls first leaving some filthy , evil bastards who harassed and took advantage of other's people weakness. Those who couldn't live deprived of cruelty .

It wasn't fair!

The tiny voice in my head kept screaming.

It wasn't fair!

All the emotions l had bottled up inside for the past thirty minutes came crushing down on me. I let out a piercing scream in great pain and great frustration .

I felt robbed !

Death had robbed me of the two most important people in my life. Hot tears came running down my face in torrents, soaking the foundation , messing the entire makeup l had carefully put on that morning for my big event.

This wasn't supposed to be happening !

We should have been celebrating my graduation from Harvard university and not this.

Why!Why! The tiny anguished voice in my head kept screaming until l couldn't take it anymore.

Dizziness shrouded me like a thick blanket. Blood rushed into my head and began pounding against it.

The policeman leaned closer to me. He was saying something with a worried frown on his huge face. I couldn't make out what he was saying, only his lips were moving.

I felt gravity pull my body down as l felt unconsciousness begin to envelop me.

I began to fall down and was waiting to feel the impact of the cold , hard marble tiles on my back. Before l could land l felt strong muscular arms hold me. I dimly saw blue eyes before darkness covered me .

A/N:

I am not that good at starting stories,but believe me this story is one of a kind. pliz dont forget to vote and comment.