chapter 16

No one's POV

The telephone rang. Lucas Moretti picked up the receiver on second ring and barked into the mouth piece.

"Nina , l made it clear that l don't want disturbances!"

"I am sorry, Sir but Miss Silvia Paula insists on seeing you," she responded nervously.

" Send her away. I am busy!," Lucas snapped back at his secretary.

"She is already on her way...."

Lucas slammed down the receiver in it's cradle. He checked the time on his Rolex watch. There was an hour left before the meeting. The meeting was very important as he was closing a billion dollar worthy deal. He had no time to entertain Silvia's childish prattle. He knew that the little fox was returning today from Paris.

The door suddenly burst open startling him. Silvia strolled in with a grim face. She was wearing a tight , red jumpsuit that shamelessly displayed a part of her cleavage . Her long slender legs were into white high heels. Her long honey brown hair was pulled back into a tight chignon and her face was perfectly made up as always.

She sat on a chair in front of him and stared at him with smouldering eyes.

" l want that bitch sitting on secretary post fired. She insulted me , Lucas!," she blurted out angrily.

Lucas Moretti pretended not to notice her and continued shuffling his papers. Silvia grabbed the papers from his hands and furiously threw them aside. Lucas looked up at her with narrowed eyes.

" What the hell is wrong with you ,woman!," he snapped at her.

Silvia smirked at him. She was delighted that she had managed to stir awake the beast in him. He deserved it for all the months of hell and misery he had put her through.

"Your fiance is sitting in front of you after three months and you are completely ignoring her busy sorting out some stupid papers," she seethed at him.

" You can clearly see that l am busy. I have an important meeting in thirty minutes," Lucas fired back.

" You didn't come to the airport to pick me up but you sent your stupid driver."

Lucas's jaw clenched tightly in anger. He could put up with Silvia's obsessive behaviour and rudeness but he didn't tolerate her insulting any of his employees. To him , they were like family.

He picked up his cellphone from the desk and began dialing.

" l don't have time for your shit. I am calling Rafael. He will drop you home," he muttered.

A small gasp escaped Silvia. She grabbed his cellphone from him and ended the call. She continued staring at him with blazing eyes. Silvia opened her purse and threw numerous photos at his face.

Lucas picked them up and surveyed them. His eyes narrowed in recognition. There were photos of him with different mistresses he had taken the past three months.

" How do you explain all this!," she cried at him with passion.

He looked at her, a smile tracing his cruel,sensual mouth.

" l thought we agreed that our relationship was strictly business. Can't l enjoy myself when you are not around," he responded in a calm voice.

Silvia remained silent whilst throwing daggers his way. Lucas suddenly burst out laughing.

" You expected me to stay abstinent for three good freaking months. Are you kidding me? . Our contract clearly states that we are both free to see other parties before marriage. "

Lucas cocked a dark eyebrow at her before continuing.

" What's all the fuss about? You never seems to mind before. l am damn sure you had lovers all over Paris these last three months, " his voice trailed off.

Lucas leaned forward in his chair with a smirk plastered on his face. He dropped his voice to a murmur and said,

" Are you falling for me, Silvia Paula?"

Silvia chuckled sarcastically.

" We both know that's never going to happen between us. We are both selfish and we desire power and money more than anything in the world," she told him.

" l came to warn you to be discreet when you take your lovers. You will live to regret it if my company's name is splashed on tabloids some day," she added in a threatening voice.

Lucas's smile spread into a carelessly wicked grin.

"Nothing to worry about. It's settled then."

He got up from his seat and gathered his documents for the meeting.

" Tell that private investigator of yours to back off or you and l will be having problems again," he said firmly.

" And tell your sluts to back off too. You are taken."

Lucas gave her a predatory smile. He grabbed her waist and kissed her in an angry and possessive manner. He stroked her bruised bottom lip with the pad of his thumb and whispered in her ear.

" Wait for me at your apartment tonight."

Silvia looked up at him with a smirk on her face.

"There is no need for that. I have moved in your mansion as of this morning."

Silvia smiled happily as she watched Lucas's expression crumbles.

                                               ****

Bianca Morelo bursted into Lucas's study room at his mansion .

" The old man have refused to sell us his land!," she exclaimed.

Lucas looked up from the wine glass in his hand.

" What!," he nearly yelled.

" Everything was going fine until he suddenly changes his mind this morning," noted Mrs Morelo.

Lucas began pacing the floor aimlessly , raking a hand through his dark hair in frustration . Mrs Morelo laid a hand on his shoulder and flashed him an assuring smile.

" Don't worry Lucas. I will try to change Mr Estavo's mind tomorrow. I know this project is your biggest dream."

" Thank you Bianca."

Lucas smiled warmly at her. Bianca Morelo was a middle aged woman. She was Lucas's confident in business matters. Mrs Morelo lived at Moretti mansion as the supervisor of all the maids. Lucas treated her as a mother.

The door opened and Silvia strode in.

" l will go see to dinner, " Mrs Morelo excused herself.

Silvia stared at her retreating back with contempt. After the door closes, she turned to Lucas with rage.

"I want that old woman fired! She insulted me in front of the servants," she hissed at him.

Lucas grabbed the wine bottle and poured the red wine into a glass. He twirled the contents for a while before emptying the glass.

" l can't do that," he responded.

His calm voice further infuriated Silvia.

" Why! Tell me the reason. As your fiance , l have the right to know," she yelled , poking a finger at his chest.

Lucas suddenly seized both her wrists in his hands . His eyes were blazing in rage.

"Don't test my limits , querida. Don't you dare try to control me again. This is my house and l do what l damn like," he whispered dangerously close to her ear.

He pushed her aside and stormed out. Silvia grabbed a wine decanter on the table and threw it on the walls with a cry.