Chapter 30

JANE'S POV

Flashback (three hours earlier)

"I came to accept your offer," l said in a firm voice.

Ferracco's lips curved into a wicked grin. My hands curled into tight fists under the table. I wanted nothing more than to slap off that sick smile on his stupid face.

"You have made a wise decision. This court thing was taking us nowher..."

"But l have my conditions," l hastily interrupted him.

He arched a dark eyebrow at me enquiringly.

"I want 60% of the fortune!," l declared in a firm voice.

I eyed him carefully to see his reaction but his face remained blank as usual. He leaned forward and clasped his hands together on the table regarding me. I shifted in my seat feeling uncomfortable under his intense gaze. He was staring at me as if scrutinising some specimen under a microscope.

"Okay . Any other conditions?"

"We will be a married couple but leading separate lives indoors. I will have my own room. You are not allowed to have any extramarital relationships especially with that sly Silvia. I don't want her anywhere near my daughter."

Ferracco gave me a dark assessing glance. A low laughter rumbled from him. I stared at him in disbelief.

"You refused to act like my wife in every sense of the word. I don't get why l am not allowed to see other woman. I can assure you that l can be very discrete when it comes to these matters...."

I threw him a scornful glance and he immediately shut up.

"Take it or leave it ," l said in a voice filled with sarcasm.

Ferracco clawed back his hair and sighed.

"Okay . Let's sign it ."

(End of flashback)

                                                ****

NO ONE'S POV

Bianca Morelo opened the door and walked in. The room was very dark and an odd silence hung in the atmosphere. She wondered where Lucas had gone. She swear she had caught a glimpse of him coming this way.

She was about to leave when she remembered that she needed some files from his room. Her hand groped for the light switch and she turned it on. A loud piercing scream escaped from her.

Lucas was sitting on the carpet leaning against the bed. His dark head was hung down. Bianca gasped in shock after seeing several wine bottles scattered on the floor. Lucas rarely drank this much. He only did that when he was extremely stressed about something.