Chapter 39

FERRACCO'S POV

No one has ever looked so beautiful in the morning than her. Sunlight filtered through the curtains and kissed her golden blond hair. Her porcelain skin glowed in the warm light. Her long ebony eyelashes laid on her creamy cheeks.

"Dio!," l breathed out as my eyes caressed over her sleeping form.

She was the epitome of perfection and l was struck again by how lucky l was. But for how long? I left the question hanging in the air and focused on staring at her instead.

Her cherry mouth was pouted invitingly . I fought the urge to take her into my arms and kiss the hell out of her.

For the first time in six years , l had slept peacefully like a baby. Surprisingly when l was with her l didn't get those nightmares. It was the same six years ago . Her presence in my bed was like a talisman , wading off terrible dreams.

I gently stroked her satin cheek as I recalled the first time l laid my eyes on her. I had fallen in love with her right that instant but back then , she was beyond my reach.

It was fourteen years ago when l first met Jane. She had escorted her parents to St Mary's orphanage to hand out Christmas gifts. I still remember the smile she gave me when she handed me my gift. After a dreadful year of living in the orphanage , her bright smile had been like bathing in sunlight. At that moment no one had looked so beautiful than her.

Her warm smile had calmed a raging storm inside me. Before she came , l was prepared to run away from the orphanage but when l saw her l changed my mind. I just had to see her again.

I always waited eagerly for a day she and her parents would visit the orphanage again. Almost every boy in the orphanage was infatuated with her but none of us dared come close to her. Her father would glare at us if we looked at her in any wrong way.

I was so heartbroken when she stopped visiting the orphanage the next year. I heard rumours among the other kids that her parents had send her abroad to study.

I clenched my hand into a fist when l recalled the face of Augusto Castio. The man was a devil incarnate who hid behind an angelic facade.

He smiled at the whole world and pretended to sympathise with other people's pain by donating millions of dollars to various orphanages. He cared about no one else but only wanted to boast his reputation.

Jane adored her father very much. She wasn't aware of how evil he was when he was still alive.

I felt Jane stir in my arms. Her sleepy eyes opened and she looked around the room in confusion. Her eyes then landed on me and they widened in panic.

A smile broke out on my face at the horrified look on her face. Her eyes traced my bare chest in horror. The smile on my face widened knowing what she was thinking.

Sometime during the night, l had woken up and removed my shirt. I always slept with my chest bare. Jane flipped open the blankets and gazed down at her body. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she saw that she was still fully dressed. I burst out into laughing. She threw me an exasperated look.

"What were you thinking, Jane?"

Her cheeks flushed red. I loved it when she blushed like that in front of me. It reminded me of the first night she gave herself to me.

"I was feeling hot in the blankets so l needed fresh air," she defended herself and pretended that she was hot by fanning herself with her hand.

I tapped her button nose and laughed again. Jane playfully slapped my hand away.