Chapter 62

JANE'S POV

"Jane, you keep staring at the entrance. Who are you waiting for?," Lola asked besides me.

I turned to face her with a smile and she gasped in response.

"Don't tell me it's Silvia!," she cried out in disbelief.

I smiled again earning a loud gasp from her.

"I feel like Silvia is taking away my best friend! ," she whined.

I chuckled and hugged her.

"We are not best friends, Lola. We are sisters," l told her.

A huge smile lit her face.

"You are right. I am getting jealousy for no reason. We are more than friends."

Aunt Amira joined us. I have been postponing having a talk with her for weeks. For the past few weeks , l have noticed that she has been absentminded. It was clear that there was something weighing heavily on her mind.

"I have finished preparing dinner," she informed me.

"Oh Aunt! I had missed your cooking," l pouted hugging her.

She laughed and guided me to the parlour. She eased me down on a couch.

"A pregnant lady shouldn't stand that long. Your feet will swell."

Her pampering was getting much worse with each passing day. She and Bianca were like mother hens around me.

"I am only six months pregnant , Aunt!," l protested.

"You must be careful regardless," she replied with a smile.

I noticed for the past days that her smiles were forced and didn't reach her eyes. She had grown a lot more quiet.

"Aunt Amira...," l called her but she was already walking away heading to the dining room.

It was my wedding anniversary. Ferracco and l had decided to hold a small dinner party with only our close relatives and friends. I looked around the parlour and a smile broke out on my face. Bianca was talking closely with Luis and a faint blush could be seen on her face. Ferracco , Hazel and Elena were playing cards. Hazel was now working at the company and Bianca seemed relieved over it. She was causing less troubles under Ferracco's watchful eye.

Lola and Daniel were talking standing in one corner. They were now engaged. Daniel had proposed last month and they were going to get married in the next two months. We had one more reason to celebrate other than my pregnancy.

"Your golden couple is here," Lola's voice broke through my thoughts.

I stared at the entrance and saw Silvia and Claudius walking in. Silvia was looking like a model walking down those glamorous runaways in Paris. A smile flickered on my face. If someone had told me six months ago that Silvia and l were going to be close friends , l would have laughed my head off. I still couldn't believe the bond we shared.

I had learned never to judge a book by it's cover. There was so much more to her as a person. She had a sweet soul behind that hard exterior. I could see the love she had for Claudius in her eyes and l was glad that they had found each other.

We had a pleasant dinner and everyone was talking and merry. Luis continued his prison tales and we laughed a lot. After dinner , Luis and Bianca announced that they were an item and that they planned on getting married. Everyone was shocked but Ferracco and l exchanged a secret smile. Ferracco demanded his fifty dollars from Hazel and hazel complained saying that he cheated.

My eyes watered as l stared around the smiling faces around the dining table. Ferracco held my hand under the table and gently squeezed. I turned to him and saw him smiling down at me.