Chapter 41

JANE'S POV

Hazel pulled me down on a chair . l sighed and tried to get up but she held me down by placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Ma'am she is ready!," she called out to the hair dresser.

The elderly woman came and began to work on my hair. I threw Hazel an annoyed look but she blew me a kiss instead. Damn her!

Hazel and l had become inseparable this past few weeks.

"A woman needs to look after herself. Right Lola?"

She turned to Lola for confirmation. Lola looked up from the magazine she was reading.

"It's true. Jane you have been neglecting yourself , " she replied with a smirk.

Goodness! I was stuck with two fashion suckers . There was definitely no way out!

"But l am tired. We have already done so much," l whined.

"After having your hair done. We are going to do manicure and pedicure," Hazel said excitedly.

Hazel and Lola had barged into my room this morning. The two brats had pulled me out of my bed and shoved me into the bathroom demanding l take a shower.

Afterwards l was hauled for shopping to different designer stores and then the spar. Now we were at a salon. My feet were aching badly.

Hazel and Lola were engaged in a deep conversation discussing which hairstyles would look good on me as if my opinion didn't matter. They looked like they had known each other for ages. No one could believe that those two had met this morning.

"Since when did you two get this friendly?," l asked them with suspicion.

Hazel and Lola exchanged a secret smile. I felt like they were plotting something.

"I met Hazel downstairs this morning when l came to visit you. I told her you were my little sister and she immediately expressed her concern over you. She told me you seemed unhappy these past days and barely ate anything," Lola explained.

"What is wrong with you Jane?," Lola asked me in a voice laced with concern.

The smile on my face vanished. It's true that l was very unhappy these past days. My conscience kept on tugging me.

"Cheer up , sister in law. I swear by the end of this day , that lovely smile will return on your face."

Hazel's voice broke into my thoughts.

"I told you not to call me sister in law! There will never be anything between your brother and l. We are only stuck in this marriage because of Elena."

Hazel flashed me a mischievous smirk.

"But l saw you coming out of his room early one morning."

Lola gasped out loud.

"Jane! Goodness! Don't tell me that sneaky bastard wormed his way into your heart again," she said in outrage.

"Lola! I won't allow you to insult my brother like that!," Hazel said in an annoyed voice.

Lola turned to her and gave her a sweet smile.

"Sweetheart , you have no idea the kind of person your dear brother is."

"Lucas is a good man. He would never hurt anyone," Hazel defended Ferracco.

Lola burst out into a loud laughter. A lot of heads turned in our direction.