Chapter 64

SILVIA'S POV

Claudius pulled his car to a stop in front of my parent's house. He opened the glove compartment and silently handed me a handkerchief. I have been crying ever since l met Jane at the hospital. She looked so broken and depressed over Ferracco's accident. I was also disappointed over Ferracco's critical condition. I didn't love him when we were still together , but l have always been fond of him. He was one of those few people who didn't fake themselves around me .

Claudius pulled me in for a hug. I tightened my arms around him and buried my face in the crook of his neck , breathing in his familiar scent. That has always managed to calm me down everytime l was depressed or angry. He kissed my forehead and cupped my cheeks ,staring at me with sad eyes. Jane was his best friend and l knew Ferracco's accident had upset him all the same.

"I am worried about Jane," l whispered to him.

"Ferracco will be fine. They will both be fine," he tried convincing me.

I nodded my head ,praying that he was right. When my uncle Zac, aunt Debra's husband had an accident , everyone had assured her that everything was going to turn out well until Uncle Zac had to be buried.

"She will be fine. Jane is much stronger than you will ever imagine," Claudius told me ,whilst stroking my cheek.

"Now stop crying, the baby will also be upset."

A smile broke out on my face at the mention of the baby. She was one of the people besides Claudius that made me smile no matter how sad l was. Claudius leaned his forehand against mine as his hand lightly stroked my growing belly.

"Should we find out the sex of the baby," he asked , his forehead still leaning on mine.

"No. I want it to be surprise."

"Seems like we have some company," Claudius spoke out, staring beyond me.

I followed his gaze and my eyes narrowed in anger. My father was standing by the window glaring at us. He threw one last glare at me before closing the curtain and striding away.

Ever since l confronted him on his attempt to buy Claudius, we had grown further apart. I had threatened to run away if he ever attempted to meddle in my affairs. Because of his selfishness, of course my father wouldn't let it happen because he knew that almost 35% of his company's revenue was made because l was the face of Paula Advertising firm. Ever since my threat to him, he had remained low key.

But knowing the type of person he was, l knew his silence was only a calm before a storm. He was silently brewing something and it nerved me to think that I had no idea of his wretched plans.

"I guess that's my cue to leave," Claudius's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I kissed Claudius goodnight and got out of his car . l stood outside for a while as l watched him drive away. I heard my father shouting in his study room as I went up to my room. Ever since my mother divorced him and eloped to Australia with her new lover , he has been acting like some psycho , firing workers for no reason. I knew that he never loved my mother but he was only angry because his might ego has been bruised and moreover his reputation has been tarnished.

Nevertheless , l was worried about him. I went up to his study room. The door was slightly ajar. My father was standing by his desk shouting into the phone. He was clearly drunk. I felt sorry for the person who was at the receiving end of his temper. My father could be cruel and mean when he chose to. I was about to walk in when his next words froze me in my steps.

"Expect your money in your bank account by tomorrow morning. After that go into hiding and make sure no one finds you. I don't want this thing traced back to me and if it happens you are a dead man walking. Got that?," he snarled.