The Step-Father

Oliver's POV

So I am in the bunker with William and he is talking away with Thea. Felicity walks over. "So how are you and Barry. I know you two have been together for a long time. Longer then I have known you. I mean Oliver we have been at this for 5 years now. I heard Barry is moving in with you." She says. "Yeah. And for your information Felicity we have been together for 7 years. I plan on letting William meet him tonight as long as nothing comes up for me or Barr." I say. "I heard that you popped the question last night. Did he say yes." She asks again. "How do you know this. I feel like your either stalking me or Barry and you are planning something behind my back." I say. "Me and Barry are planning something for your birthday but we can't say, and Iris knows to. She messaged me about seeing Barry this morning and she saw the ring. Honey me and iris know everything about you two. Like 4 weeks ago when Barry told his team we needed a helping hand that he really came and you two had a fun few hours. Apparently team Flash is making bets on you two. Barry is really about to lock them all in the time vault and use Thawne to scare them. Even though they get along and Thawne is on the team he still scares half of them shitless." Felicity says. "Like Slade does you guys." I say. "Fair. But Barry did say yes right." She says. "Yes he did. My turn to pry into your relationship. How are you and Iris." I ask. "We are fine. Joe really likes me. Oh yeah family dinner is tomorrow. Maybe William could come. Get to know them." She says. "Maybe." I say. "Dad tell whoever your in a relationship with that they make some good food. I found leftovers in the fridge." William says. "Oh my god!" Felicity and Thea say laughing and Digg and the rest of the team have to walk in at this moment. "What. It was good. But seriously when can I meet this man or woman." William says. "Tonight. You will be meeting them tonight." I say. "Let's hope this one isn't like the last." He says. "Would I be marrying this one if he was as bad as my last one. You were like 6 or 7 when I ended that relationship bud. How do you remember her that vividly." I say. "No clue. But she is a something." He says and I snort. "Him and Barry will get along perfect. You also have to remember William has also always wanted siblings. Barry has two children." Thea says. "Wait his name is Barry and he has two kids." William asks. "Yep. But William I will give you a fair warning. He does not like loud loud noises. Beware he does keep weapons like your father but notice he keeps a silencer on his guns. He doesn't like the sounds of gunshots." Thea says. "Why." He asks. "Well William when Barry was born he was taken from his parents and wasn't returned to his family until he was 14. Your age. He doesn't talk much about what happened in those 11 years before he went to his aunt and uncle then to Joe West. Then to his other aunt. But we do know he was in a terrible home. Let's put it this way. Imagine your dad, beating you, throwing things at you, starving you, and yelling at you when you just asked for food. That is what happened when Barry was young. I don't know if your old enough to remember but you have heard us talking about him some. does the name Jason Dunkin ring any bells." Thea says to him. "Yeah. He was released from jail 2 weeks ago, I remember watching the news with Aunt Felicity." William says. "Well Barry's name used to be Kaden Dunkin. Well the Jason Dunkin was the man who took Barry. But Barry was the one who got Dunkin put behind bars. Well the two kids of his. They are the kids of his ex, Matt Davison. His ex was abusive. But he got that man put behind bars after 4 years in the abusive relationship, with the help of his friends. But we think Jason Dunkin's wife who was murdered, was shot by her husband when she tried to stick up for Barry, explaining his fear of gunshots. But Barry has never came out and said and none of us can get him to open up." Thea says.

**Fast forward to that evening at the penthouse and Ollie brings William home**

"Hey bud how about you head into the kitchen and help with dinner while I go freshen up some" I say to hi and he nods. 

William's POV

I walk into the kitchen and see a man who is tall, skinny, and brunette. He turns around. "Hi you must be William. My name is Barry. It's nice to finally meet you." He says sticking his hand out and I shake it. "It's nice to meet you to Barry. Oh yeah. If you were the one who made the spaghetti and mashed taters last night they were really good." I say forgetting to be proper and not talk southern like. "Ooh you do have some redneck in ya. Trust me kid. You don't have to be proper around me. I remember how much of a pain in the ass it was. But yes I did make that food. I am assuming Ollie put the leftovers in the fridge. But it was my fathers famous recipe and it took me years to figure out whatever the hell spices he used in it. I am the only one that found out because I saw him do it once. Mine still isn't as good as his was but I try." He says. "You used past tense when referring to your father. Did he pass or are you two just not close." I ask. He reaches me something. "Don't worry. It is a piece of the steak. I need to know if it needs more seasoning or anything." He says when I look at him skeptically. "But yes my father unfortunately passed about 3 years ago. He was shot. I am assuming you know your dads secret by the way you keep eyeing that shelf over there which is actually a fake bookshelf and in it is your dads spare bow." He says. I nearly choke on the piece of food. "Alrighty then." I say. "The steak is good. Anything is better then what dad cooks or take out. I have had take out enough here recently." I say as dad walks back in. "If the kid was starving I would have cooked him some food Oliver. I told you if you two were tired of takeout or he wanted something homecooked to tell me." He says to dad. "Your busy half of the time. Or asleep when you get the rare chance." My dad says. "I have superspeed Oliver it won't kill me." Barry says. Superspeed. "Oh yeah Thea and Santana said they were coming with the kids." Dad says. "Kay." Barry says. 

**Fast forward to dinner and they are all there**

So we are all talking. "Want a glass of wine" Santana asks me. I look at her with wide eyes. "It won't kill you kid. Our dads allowed us to drink wine since we were 14 to. Honey Barry was drinking vodka at that age. It won't kill you. You see him. A healthy, smiling, brilliant man. Oliver and Thea can't say anything either because their parents let them as well." She says. "Kid never listen to my sister. She isn't lying about the alcohol. But a little fact. Don't start drinking until your at least 16. Because at that point you are more trusted alone and won't get caught as easily. Me and Santana learnt that her treehouse was the perfect place to hide from our parents and drink our sorrows away but when we were 16 our parents trusted us home alone while they went wherever the hell they went. The sad fact is me and her were able to go to bars and clubs with fake ideas I got from some of my connections. Where do you think I even met your father. We have been friends since I was 17 and he was 19." Barry says. "Stop giving him ideas. Do you want him to turn out like us all." My dad says. "Alcohol is the reason from 14-17 I only slept with 4 men in total. It is a wonder I don't have random children out there everywhere." Barry says. "Child you seem confused. Oliver keep this child's innocence as long as possible." Santana says. We end up having a lot of fun the rest of the night. I like Barry. And his sister.