The Skating Incident

Barry's POV

So the teams, me, the Warblers and New Directions are all at an ice skating rink the rented out for a day. Blaine walks over to me. "So babe are you gonna show them how its done today or be stubborn and try to get out of even going on the ice." He says lacing up his skates. "Oh I'm going out on the ice. I have a bet going with Oliver. He says I can't skate. If I can he owes me 50 bucks." I say. Blaine laughs. We get out on the ice. "Ok ain't no way in hell I can balance." Quinn yells. I chuckle. I skate over to her and grab her arm. "It's easy. You being afraid is going to hold you back more then anything." I say. I help her get the gist of it. Santana skates up behind me wrapping her arms around my waist. "Go help Artie. He is still a little wobbly after he is back up and walking again." She says. I chuckle. "That requires you to let go San." I say. "But your warm." She says. I chuckle and take off my coat and give it to her. "Me and Blaine both told you to wear a jacket." I say. I take off my hoodie when I start to get hot after helping Artie and a couple others so they and skate. "So can you skate good Barry. You have been gliding on the wall this whole time." Oliver says smirking. "I'm just curious as to how he is in a t-shirt and just sweats and still sweating." Thea asks. I snort. "I'm going to ask for you guys to get closer to the wall while I earn myself 50 dollars." I say. I skate backwards. They all got over closer to the wall so I don't hit them. I forgot to bring my own skates in from the car. So this is a new pair. And they warned me that this was a brand new pair the ordered. So this is dangerous. I start skating around them. "You see Queen you just made a bad bet. Because yes, I haven't skated in 2 years on an actual rink, I still know how to skate." I say. "Please Bas show him up and do your old routine that you won first place with the last time you performed!" Santana begs. I chuckle. "Fine Satan. It may take me a try or two though." I say. I go to do a jump and I do the jump right but when I land my blade snaps and I am sent rolling across the ice. "Fuck!" I yell. Blaine skates over to me along with Caitlin, and Santana. "I-I'm fine. Don't worry." I say trying to stand up but my ankle gives back out and I fall back down onto the ice with an audible thump. I set up long enough to unlace my skates and get them off and you can see the blisters and cuts on my feet from the skates and one looks a little swollen. It is the one my blade broke on. "It looks like it is just a bad sprain. You may want to stay off of it for a little bit." Caitlin says. They help me up and everyone else goes back to skating and goofing off.  "I am assuming you will want to go back out onto the ice later. I'm going to go grab your skates ok." B says. "Kay. Grab my ibuprofen and water thingy to." I say. He nods. He heads out. "Maybe if you do go back out keep the ace bandage on it and wear a tight compression sock to help with the pain and everything. What happened with the cuts anyways." Caitlin says. "I forgot to wear a pair of socks today and since these were new skates especially they did this to my feet. I just messaged Blaine and told him to go ahead and grab my backpack." I say. She nods. "You scared me Bas. Really, really bad." Santana says. I squeeze her hand as Caitlin goes back out onto the ice. San sets with me. Blaine comes back and Caitlin comes back over. "Sorry, Cisco needed me." She says. I grab an ace bandage out of my backpack and let her wrap it. I put the compression sock on over it. I slip on the other sock and take my skates from B. I put them on and lace them up. Much better. They fit me better. "Go back out onto the ice guys. I'll be fine. I'm going to set out for a minute. Tell Oliver once these pain killers kick in he owes me 50 dollars. Also, just to up the bet, if I can make a triple loop jump and go straight into a triple axel then he owes me 100 bucks. If I fall I pay him the 100. And I have to land it on the first go." I say digging for my ibuprofen. Caitlin and Santana go back out on the ice giggling about something. Blaine stays. "Babe go have fun. I'll be fine." I say. He sighs and sits beside me. "You were scared when your blade broke and you went flying across the ice." He says grabbing my hand. I look at him with my eyes brimmed with tears. "How did you know." I whisper. "I saw the pure fear in your eyes the second you were an inch off the ground. You were terrified." He says. "Brought back memories from that competition. But I'm fine now. I know it is just a sprained ankle. So go back out there and have fun." I say. Thea skates over and sets down beside me. "Ollie agreed to the deal and upped it to 150 because he thinks you can't do it." She says. "I don't know if I can is the sad fact. I did it once when I was 16. That was 12 years ago." I say. She giggles and goes back out onto the ice. I find the pain killers and take two of my 800mg ibuprofen because it takes that much to ease my pain for longer then 15 minutes. tighten the lid back on my Cirkul water bottle and put in the coffee flavoring thing and turn it as strong as it will go. I take a few drinks of it. "Certainly is coffee flavored." I say. B chuckles. I grab his hand and stand up. I take the covers off my blades on my skates and head back out onto the ice. Blaine follows. I smile as I can actually skate better. I ignore the pain in my foot. I start skating backwards. "Okay Bas how steady are you on your feet." Thad says. "Steady. I have performed with a sprained ankle multiple times, why." I say skating over to him and coming to an stop in front of him. "Well I will bet you 50 dollars on top of what Oliver is betting you that you can't throw in another double loop jump and double axel at any point in it." Thad says. I start skating backwards again to gain up momentum. "Oh game on you two. Game on." I say as I starts skating as everyone gathered up in the middle so I don't hit them. "Come on Bas you can do this!" Santana cheers. I start off with the double axel then move on to a triple loop jump. I go straight into the double loop jump and actually land. As I am skating back further I do the triple axel. And since I landed that one barely I chose to do another. I land it to. I skate back over to everyone who is staring in awe. "You guys lost that bet fair an square." Blaine says chuckling. They hand over the money. "Ha, I can now order two of my hoodies I have been wanting to buy for like two months but never brought myself to with our money." I say. He chuckles.

**The next morning Barry walks into the precinct on crutches**

I walk in and glare at pretty much anyone who looks in my direction. I am 40 minutes late but in my defense I had to have Caitlin put a brace on my foot and knee because it hurt so bad. It turns out I actually broke my foot when skating later that night. Hurts like hell. And I fractured my knee later that night. And where Zoom took away my speed I don't have my speed healing. So I can't heal quickly. "The hell happened to you." Singh asks. Even though he is my godfather we argue like cats and dogs half of the time. "The hell happened to minding your own business." I snap back. He looks shocked. "Now if you don't mind I would like to go up to my lab and continue on my work that so desperately needs to be done and you said you wanted them done today." I say glaring at him and going up the steps. Today is going to be a long ass day.