The Talk

Sebastian's POV

So it is Saturday and Nate went home. I am on  the bus with the Warblers and we are heading to the auditorium where the New Direction's want to meet up. They demanded I had to be there so here I am. I told the Dean I would drive but she forced me to ride the bus with the Warblers. She doesn't know why I quit. I have my headphones in and was zoned out but I get brought back to reality when Thad shakes me roughly. The movement makes me want to puke. "Hmm" I say taking my earbuds out. "We have no idea if everyone is here. You normally do that crap. Are you going to." He says. I sigh and take the clipboard Jeff reaches me. I grab a pen from my bag. "Alright. Fine I'll do it." I say. I stand up. "Maybe." I say as I grab the trashcan from the front of the bus and puke. I hear a series of 'gross' 'is he ok' 'should we be concerned' 'oh that looks rough' fill the buss. I feel a hand on my back and look up to see Hunter. He reaches me a water and I wipe my mouth and take a few drinks and rinse my mouth out. I readjust myself. "Alrighty let's try that again. Alright starting with the Freshmen. Jason!" I call out. "Here!" He says. "Elijah!" I call out again. "Here!" He says. "Jacob!" I call out. "Here!" He says. "Kai!" I call out. He doesn't answer. "Guys Kai was with us at Dalton!" I say. All of them look at each other. I am starting to panic. There is nobody at Dalton. All students went home this weekend. The Warblers stayed so we could head out this morning. I get up ignoring the protests my stomach is making and check the seats. I see him asleep in the backseat and I sigh. "Why did you get so nervous. It isn't like we couldn't just turn around and go get him." Thad says. Hunter, my cousin, just sighs. "Bas is the only one of us who is legally 18." He says and I go and set back down. "Why does that matter." Nick says. "Oh I don't know lets think! If we lose a damn one of you no matter if your 17 and you was to get hurt the blame would fall on me whether I am your captain or not. Because I am the only legal adult in the group other than our damn bus driver who is literally dropping us off and leaving then coming back to pick us up later. So if one of you gets hurt especially a 14 year old I could get charges pressed against me and lose my whole future. So that is why I am so nervous." I say. A chorus of oh' feel the bus. Kai wakes up. He sees me staring at him. "D-Did I do something wrong." He asks looking on the verge of crying. I am quickly to the seat he is in once again and bring him to the front where I was setting. "Of course not. I just want to keep an eye on you. I thought we forgot you at school and almost had a premature heart attack." I say. I grab the clipboard and continue. "Starting back with the sophomores! Axel and Kayden!" I call out. "Here!" They both answer. "Onto the Juniors. Landon, Jenson, and Hayden!" I call out. "Here!" The three answer back. "Alrighty finishing off with the Seniors. Hunter, Thad, Jeff, Nick, Trent, and David!" I call out. "Here!" They all say in unison. "Why am I still on the list and as the captain none the less." I ask. "Well because we haven't came around to taking your name off the list in hopes one day you may come back." Trent says looking down. "Guys. Listen. Bus driver dude whatever you hear on this bus never leaves this bus got it." I say and the man nods. "Guys listen. I love you all and will protect you with my life even if you won't do the same. But I left because none of you clearly wanted me there. But I may consider rejoining." I say and multiple cheers feel the bus. Hunter smiles at me. I notice Kai drifting back off. "Hey bud before you fall asleep do you have all your stuff you need just in case." I say and he nods leaning on me and he is back out like a light. "Alright. Now let's go over just to make sure everyone else has everything. Nick you have your inhaler in case you were to have an asthma attack right." I say. "Yep!" He says popping the 'P'. They all start getting rowdy. "Boys quieten it down for a few minutes so I can make sure we don't get to McKinley and someone has something happen!" I yell over them as Hunter smiles watching me interact with them. "If we ever did forget something it can never be as bad as the time we got to New York, when Kai had forgot his medicine, and you had to literally have it express shipped to us since we were staying for a week and you had to give him one of your strongest pain killers and had to call and ask his doctor if it was alright for you to give him some of your epilepsy medicine! He was so out of it that night!" Thad says laughing and I can't help but snort remembering the kid being so high. "Thank god I was 18. So technically since I.." I go to say something but stop myself and look down at the boy setting beside me. "Tell them. They deserve to know." He says. "Only if you want me to." I say. He smiles and nods. "Tell us what." David asks. "Kai had lived in an abusive home for as long as he can remember. His parents were both alcoholics and druggies. I have known Kai since he was 11 and I was 14. I made one promise to him. And that was as soon as I turn eighteen I will get my dad to help me take this to court and get him away from that home. And I did." I say. "Wait what." Thad asks his eyes going wide. "I have custody over Kai. That is also another reason I panicked when I couldn't find him and thought we left him at the school." I say. We get to McKinley and I kind of stray farther away from the groups as they interact. All of a sudden Kurt walks over and sets beside me and Finn on my other side. "We don't hate you Bas. Kai explained why you did the things you did and I apologized for what I did and so did Kurt. Also seeing as we are your cousins we wanted to wish you a happy 18th birthday. We didn't forget but with glee and everything we were mad. We got you something to." Finn says. Kurt smiles and reaches me this box is quite big. "What in the hell..." I say and pause when I see a note on the side of the box. I take it off and read it. 

"My beautiful boy,

If you are reading this that means my theory was correct. I know Eobard was going to kill me. But my beautiful boy he didn't have a choice. He is being controlled by Grodd. He can't control it. He barely managed to run back in time and warn me. He told me one day you would grow up to be an amazing hero. This box of items is the most important items I owned that I wanted you to have. My brother and his boyfriend loved you so much but when you were taken it took me forever to find you. You were 3 when I did. But I couldn't give you back to them because it was to dangerous so me and Henry raised you as our own. Your real name is Sebastian Smythe. You have a twin brother but we couldn't find him. His name is Nathaniel Evan Smythe. There are other boxes of items I want you to have of both mine and Henry's items. We both have known for a long time this would happen. I love you my beautiful boy,

Love,

Momma"

How did they find this. As far as I know I wasn't allowed to have anything from them. I use my pocket knife and open the box. Inside is a whole bunch of stuff. There are small boxes in there.

(Multiple Of These)

I grab one and I open it and see her locket

I grab one and I open it and see her locket. In the rest of them I find a lot more items. At the end pf the day I am happy again.