She Is Like Me!

(POV: One day after a massive failed mission to where both Barry and Nora are injured and now in wheelchairs Nora is acting strange and nobody notices except Barry. So when Cisco and Barry get at it Nora is brought up in the conversation. Barry finally snaps.)

Caitlin's POV

As we are in the cortex Nora leaves the room looking upset. I go to go after her but Barry grabs my arm. "Don't Cait. She just needs a minute." He says. I sigh and set down. "What in the living hell were you thinking Barry! You nearly died! Nora almost went out with you!" Cisco yells as he re-watches the footage. Barry hangs his head. "There were children Cisco. I had to do something. I know Nora got hurt in the process of my mistakes. I don't need you to remind me. I didn't think she was in there until the last split second before it blew and saw her there. I couldn't spit the words 'Run Nora!' out fast enough. Not with my speech still being a little slurred." Barry says. I can tell he thinks it is all his fault when it wasn't. He didn't know Nora was there at all. He has a soft spot for children as well so he wasn't going to leave them there to die. "I get that Barry but why try and defuse the bomb! If you had just grabbed the children and ran then none of this would be happening!" Cisco yells. Everyone is dead silent seeing as these two never fight in front of everyone. They tend to keep their fights private. "If I hadn't have managed to defuse two of the 4 bombs strapped together then we may have not had a city to protect anymore and I sure as hell was not letting everyone I love and fight to protect with every last breath I have in my body die on my hands! So I am happy with the decision I made okay! Yes I get there was consequences! There seems to be consequences to every action I do! So yes I do feel bad about Nora getting hurt in the process and I hate myself for not being able to move fast enough to defuse all the bombs but I am not going to ever regret my decision!" Barry yells. "Speaking of Nora why was she even out in the field today! It's like you have been walking on eggshells around her for the past months she has been here! You have been taking more action in her life then you do your own!" Cisco yells. "When I was fifteen my dad called the police looking for me and when he found me I was high on pills ready to jump off my friends roof! Nora is not fine! Because Nora is not a normal teenager! She is not like you Cisco! She is like me! And if my dad had not called the police that day and if the police had not found me I would be very dead right now!" Barry yells. I can see his eyes fill with tears. He blames himself for her behavior. "Cisco you don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders! You don't have to carry the guilt and hate on your shoulders because you know you are the reason your daughter can't live a normal life! When she came back she said I was awful in the future because when you died I closed myself off and blamed myself! Making me a cold hearted bitch! More of one then I already am...." Barry says. Cisco looks at the boy who still has his head hung low. when Barry picks it up you can see the tear tracks on his face. "I am trying to right what I did wrong Cisco. I am the reason she feels worthless in the first place. I-I cornered her one day and she told me everything and yelled at me. She wanted you not me. Which hurt so bad. Because I made one promise to myself and that was to never become like him. And I did. So I am trying to do everything in my power to right myself and what I did to her. Cisco she feels like she doesn't have a use in life and if her going out on missions with me helps make her feel her worth than so be it. I don't care how risky it is. Her mental health is the most important thing to me as is yours. If I have to tear mine apart just to make sure both of yours are in tact I will. I could care less about myself. I know what it is like to feel useless and like you're unwanted. I know what it is like to blame yourself for everything that happens." Barry says. Cisco walks over and hugs the boy who breaks down in his arms. I walk out of the room and go and find Nora in the speed lab standing. I smile as she looks at me. "I'm standing. Will dad be able to stand soon auntie Caitlin?" She asks. I look down not knowing how to tell her that her father may never walk again because of the extent of the damage. "Nora hun, you're father may not be able to walk again. The extent of the damage was really really bad. A lot worse then yours seeing as he was right next to the bomb when it went off." I say. "Oh." She whispers setting back in the wheelchair. "I wanted to actually talk to you. I know your mad at your father about the future but that isn't him now okay. He is a man who is willing to go to great lengths for you and your father. And I am sure you will learn that soon. Especially after today. Just please don't take what future him did to you out on this Barry. He didn't do anything and blames himself." I say. "I didn't know he blamed himself so much...." She says. I nod. We talk for awhile then head back into the cortex to see Barry asleep on the med bay bed. He must have been tired. Maybe things will get better and maybe not.